SDRIVE forms - Post ID 225128

User 2596986 Photo

1 post

I have a site which requires payment information to be submitted to me and or personal information. I currently have my form connected to the Sdrive however when people use firefox it shows a message which I think makes people not continue.

"Although this page is encrypted the information you have entered is to be sent over an un-encrypted connection and can easily be read by a third party are you sure you want to continue sending this information?"

Is there anyway to have the form submitted securely. I assumed the information was processed securely when it went through the s-drive, but it seems like it is not. Is there any way anyone can help me fix this. Any suggestions on what I can do.

I really appreciate the help :)
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

S-Drive does not offer SSL services so that is why you are getting the error. However, accessing a form over HTTPS provides no security to the data as the email is still sent over plain text which is unencrypted. The most secure way to handle this would be to turn off email and csv logging and store the information in MySQL.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.