Nameserver Names? - Post ID 176795

User 2310574 Photo

24 posts

Trying to point my domain to S Drive I am on network solutions (registrar) at the Edit DNS and it is asking me for Nameserver names?

I followed your tutorial and it referenced an ip address.

Help! (Slowly but surely I am getting in over my head but I'm trying....underwater, but trying!)

Thanks,
Pam
User 539803 Photo

2,156 posts

Might be easier to open a support ticket, and ask CC to transfer in so CC are your registrar as they are now offering new services to make this simpler

SCOTT where are you ?

Started using CC VSD in January 2009, I don't do HTML code, Sales from CC site exceeding expectations taken me out of semi-retirement
Hosted FREE on CC S DRIVE www.chauffeurdrivenluxurycars.co.uk
My new VSD & SCCP site Oct 2011 www.deloreanjewellery.co.uk
My friendly window cleaner www.mwcwindowcleaner.co.uk

User 1948478 Photo

Senior Advisor
1,850 posts

Viv @ Jewelcraft wrote:
...so CC are your registrar...

If I understood Scott correctly in a prior post, CC are actually using networksolutions as registrar for domains bought and 'registered' at CoffeeCup...
(Scott, please correct me if I'm quoting you incorrectly!)
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

We are partnered with Network Solutions as well, but you do not need to update your Name Servers. All you need to do is setup a CNAME and point that to your S-Drive account.

We have instructions here at http://www.coffeecup.com/help/articles/ … h-s-drive/ on how to set this up.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 323666 Photo

93 posts

On my current host site, to modify name server, it has place for primary and secondary nameserver. what do I do in this case if primary point is the S-drive account?
Michael
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

michael rosenberg wrote:
On my current host site, to modify name server, it has place for primary and secondary nameserver. what do I do in this case if primary point is the S-drive account?

No, you will leave your name servers alone. All you need is to CNAME the address to your account.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 2073888 Photo

4 posts

I am using crazy domains in Australia, i am only able to enter ns1 & ns2 details. it doesn't mention CNAME.... can anyone shed a bit of light?

Thanks,

- Zane
User 298877 Photo

Ambassador
292 posts

Hi Pam,

I did this a few weeks ago for one of my domains that was registered with Network Solutions.

Log into your account and choose My Products & Services - > Edit DNS -> A Record.

Here set the three elements: www, @ (None) and *(All Others) each to 66.223.62.9

There is no need to alter or configure a CNAME

This worked for me on domain fixtronix.com and I now have three sub domains all pointing to S-Drive sites: http://shop.fixtronix.com, http://blog.fixtronix.com and http://www.fixtronix.com

On Network Solutions, the CNAME settings remain unchanged and state: "No CNAME Records" (I just logged in to double check!).

Dave :)
User 2161343 Photo

76 posts

Dave Smyth wrote:
I did this a few weeks ago for one of my domains that was registered with Network Solutions.

Log into your account and choose My Products & Services - > Edit DNS -> A Record.

When I log in to NetSol and click "Edit DNS", there is no option for "A Record". NetSol offers the option of either straight DNS (no IP, natch) or "Advanced DNS" which includes "A, MX, CNAME, TXT and SRV Records". When I select Advanced DNS, I am warned:

In order to use Advanced DNS Manager, your Name Servers must be moved to Network Solutions managed name servers.

Which, of course, could take a day or more to propagate. I assume that after that I would have the option of changing CNAME? It has been literally years since I needed to tinker with this stuff.

User 2161343 Photo

76 posts

Paul Havemann wrote:
I assume that after that I would have the option of changing CNAME? It has been literally years since I needed to tinker with this stuff.

I assumed correctly. Never mind. :/

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.