Trying to give a row a background...

User 228273 Photo

32 posts

Hello, hope someone can help me...Trying to give a row a background image, but having problems.
The end result i am hoping for is to have row with image background, then give column a semi transparent colour.

this is what i have done, but image is not showing, and the image path is correct

body > .row.cta-row {

background-image: url(img/1.jpg);background-repeat: no-repeat;

}
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Hiya Craig,

If you're trying to view the image in the software, then that is the issue here as the images do not show in the software other than the basic placeholders for them. I believe it's slotted to have this added (don't think they added it to this recent update yet, but they haven't released the release notes yet so not sure on it).

When you add the path to your image for any images you add, as long as those images exist when you export it, then they will show up when you view it in your HTML Editor and of course will show up online when you upload the files that RLM creates as well as the images you have entered paths for.

Hope that helps :)
User 228273 Photo

32 posts

hi jo ann, i made this edit after export in my editor, the problem is the image is not showing at all. i am wondering if i coded it corectly
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Only way we can help with that is by having a link to see the page. If you can provide us a link I'm sure we can tell you what might be wrong there. :)
User 2691471 Photo

8 posts

I bought this software last week hoping to perform visual drag and drop design. The first thing I wanted to do is place a logo on a page. Worked on this for hours figuring it had to be me doing something wrong. Even in the manual it states just load the path of the image in the Export path box. Then I came across this post. Are you serious! Come on already! What good is a Visual Designer if you can not see what you are designing on the fly. What a waist of money!
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Daniel Roy wrote:
I bought this software last week hoping to perform visual drag and drop design. The first thing I wanted to do is place a logo on a page. Worked on this for hours figuring it had to be me doing something wrong. Even in the manual it states just load the path of the image in the Export path box. Then I came across this post. Are you serious! Come on already! What good is a Visual Designer if you can not see what you are designing on the fly. What a waist of money!

THIS IS NOT A VISUAL DESIGNER DANIEL AND NO WHERE DO WE EVEN SAY IT IS! ;)

Responsive Layout Maker solves one of the biggest challenges in responsive design, having a flexible core which can adapt based on the viewer’s screen size. In a nutshell, Responsive Layout Maker creates a responsive prototype website (called a layout). You build the structure of your website in Responsive Layout Maker and then export to any code editor to add your final content.

While this task may sound overwhelming at first, we highly recommend taking the time now to understand the power of Responsive Layout Maker. Getting a good grasp of the basics now will allow you to hit the ground running when our Responsive Site Designer program is released (Responsive Site Designer will be able to import RLM layouts). Once you understand the basics of how RLM functions, we are confident you will be a pro in no time.

If you have not done so yet, we also have a bunch of articles on RLM to help you get more familiar with how the software works. Our Quick Start Guide is very helpful when getting started with Responsive Layout Maker. We recommend taking a look at it as it explains many different parts of RLM.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 2691471 Photo

8 posts

I have read the guide. Also saw where it states how to add the path to the image in the Export path box. The path I add in the Export path box never appears in the exported HTML file. You have to admit this portion should work. It states this is the recommended method as opposed to changing the code after it is already exported.
User 2088758 Photo

Senior Advisor
3,086 posts

Hi Daniel,

Welcome to the forums! Can you show us what you are trying to put in the path.
Taking over the world one website at a time!

Steve Kolish
www.misterwebguy.com

YouTube Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCL8qVv … ttneYaMSJA
User 2691471 Photo

8 posts

Sorry. I just tried it again and the path names showed up.:/
User 2088758 Photo

Senior Advisor
3,086 posts

Ok glad you got if figured out. There is a bit of a learning curve for the software but most have us have already been through it so we can help you along the way. Please feel free to ask questions, search the forums for solutions already given and just play around with the software.

You will have that "Ah Ha!" moment when everything comes together. It used to take me 10-12 hours to build a good layout when I was in the learning phase but now I can pump out a layout in about 30-60 minutes. This software is fantastic and the support in here is amazing!

Best of luck
Taking over the world one website at a time!

Steve Kolish
www.misterwebguy.com

YouTube Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCL8qVv … ttneYaMSJA

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.