Text wrap issue with links - Post ID...

User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

If you put a URL in a text link element as the actual text to be seen on the page it will not wrap in any way just goes off the page. Is there any way to make this wrap automatically or do I have to put in wraps manually for each breakpoint?
User 2484360 Photo

3,293 posts

This is something that would need to be done after export by applying the appropriate word break that you are looking for to the link.
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

So in theory (going to check this now) I could put a break in the text where I want it to wrap in the breakpoints to keep it from doing that also I would think? I'll try it shortly and see if that works, just wasn't sure if I was missing something for this that I wasn't setting correctly.

Never mind, doesn't work so they will just have to accept text as the link name instead of the URL which looks better anyways.
User 2484360 Photo

3,293 posts

Jo Ann wrote:
So in theory (going to check this now) I could put a break in the text where I want it to wrap in the breakpoints to keep it from doing that also I would think? I'll try it shortly and see if that works, just wasn't sure if I was missing something for this that I wasn't setting correctly.

No, you can not edit HTML on breakpoints, only CSS (Styles).

You could create two text link elements hide the one with the break at the higher breakpoints then when you get to the smaller breakpoints hide the first link and show the second. Confusing I know, but it will work.

The easiest option would be to add the break-word CSS on export.
User 2863785 Photo

7 posts

http://www.coffeecup.com/help/articles/ … -an-image/

This article doesn't describe or look like my screen.
User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,447 posts
Online Now

So? How does it look on your screen, and how would you like it to look?
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:
Components for Site Designer and the HTML Editor: https://mock-up.coffeecup.com

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.