Suggestions for CoffeeCup Layout...

User 487303 Photo

27 posts

My wishes in my five pennies:
Printout option of layout, elements and properties (this makes the final checkup more easy)
Image link accessible in layout
navigation tool option element
more image size options
i have some errors with my mouse (logitech) on double clicking

User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

I may be missing something in the settings somewhere so if I am, please point me in the right direction, but so far I've not found a way to do this:

Ability to rearrange button links easily within a Container.

Right now I have approximately 15 button links in a container that change periodically as I'm designing the site. This is the preference of the client to have the menu vertically on left and to be fully in view ( in other words, no dropdowns, slide outs, etc. ).
I've manipulated the width % and Left padding to simulate visually a left aligned text with indented text for what would be the sub menus so they are discernible that they are sub items.

The only issue I have is if I need to reorganize them I have to drop them down to the bottom one at a time to get them in the right order, every time they change... real pain in the butt.

Would love the ability to manipulate them with drag and drop in correct locations rather than the long way above so that I can drag a button right to the place I want it in between other buttons etc.
User 2088758 Photo

Senior Advisor
3,087 posts

Jo Ann wrote:
I may be missing something in the settings somewhere so if I am, please point me in the right direction, but so far I've not found a way to do this:

Right now I have approximately 15 button links in a container that change periodically as I'm designing the site. This is the preference of the client to have the menu vertically on left and to be fully in view ( in other words, no dropdowns, slide outs, etc. ).
I've manipulated the width % and Left padding to simulate visually a left aligned text with indented text for what would be the sub menus so they are discernible that they are sub items. (this is the next suggestion I'll be typing lol)

The only issue I have is if I need to reorganize them I have to drop them down to the bottom one at a time to get them in the right order, every time they change... real pain in the butt.

Would love the ability to manipulate them with drag and drop in correct locations rather than the long way above so that I can drag a button right to the place I want it in between other buttons etc.

Hi Jo Ann,

This will be available in the next version of RLMP. It will include the inspector tab where you will see all your elements in a list view and you can drag and drop them in any order.
Taking over the world one website at a time!

Steve Kolish
www.misterwebguy.com

YouTube Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCL8qVv … ttneYaMSJA
User 187934 Photo

Senior Advisor
20,190 posts

Jo Ann wrote:

Can you cut and paste?
I can't hear what I'm looking at.
It's easy to overlook something you're not looking for.

This is a site I built for my work.(RSD)
http://esmansgreenhouse.com
This is a site I built for use in my job.(HTML Editor)
https://pestlogbook.com
This is my personal site used for testing and as an easy way to share photos.(RLM imported to RSD)
https://ericrohloff.com
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Nope, well not in the sense that the button link will go to the right location. Usually when you highlight an element and copy/paste it, you can make it go where you want it by clicking the element you want it to go after and then paste it.

That doesn't work here, if you copy/paste a button link it always goes to the bottom no matter which button link you are clicked on for it to go after. If you try to drag and drop a button, it will either go to the top or the bottom, but no where in between.
User 10077 Photo

Senior Advisor
1,095 posts

This might be more trouble than it is worth, but you could put a subgrid in the container. Then put each link in its own column in the subgrid. To keep the links close together, set the column and link element padding & margins to 0. Give all the columns the same class name based on the level of indentation (padding-left). If you need to change order, you just shift the columns. If you need a particular link indented, change the class name for the column.
ASK ME ANYTHING
I provide personalized help for Coffeecup Users including personal or group training for Site Designer, Web Form Builder and more via Zoom.
Email me at support@uscni.org or call 865-687-7698.

Did you know that Web Form Builder can be used for both simple and complicated forms and that it's not limited to the default fonts and buttons? Take a look at a form we developed for WindowTinting.com.
https://forms.windowtinting.com/forms/w … ppingcart/
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Yeah definitely more hassle than it would be worth, I'm just hoping to see some more settings for the buttons in RLMP and RSD (hopefully not just RSD as it would be kind of moot to bother having the button links in the RLMP program at all then since they have limited settngs).

Right now it's been a nightmare trying to even get them to work well with indented text when shrinking the width of the page to smaller sizes ... I may have to rethink this and just do a link tree, but that doesn't mean I wouldn't want to do it this way in the future. I don't like the look of them all centered when you're trying to do a sub-link to some of the buttons so the indentation works nice for that until you shrink the page and then it goes all out of whack.

Anyways, it's a suggestion to help them be useful it so hopefully it will get done in the next release :)
User 2210454 Photo

231 posts

Could we also have a multiple selection tool? If I have a few pictures on the page I often want to change the column width at different break points and it can get tiresome clicking and changing each one individually.
Simon,
“If what you’re doing is not your passion, you have nothing to lose.”
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Jo Ann wrote:

I've manipulated the width % and Left padding to simulate visually a left aligned text with indented text for what would be the sub menus so they are discernible that they are sub items.

This is apparently a limitation within containers. I can do drag and drop easily in place if I don't have it inside a container, but many times I like to use containers because of the added control it gives for elements like this, as well as giving the ability to use multiple background colors/images within an area.

Anyways, I am having the same issue with paragraphs within a container and cannot just move them around where I want them. I have to manipulate them one by one to the top or bottom as that is the only place it will drop them. I then have to do the little manipulation thing with moving the next one I want after it if it's on the bottom, and then the next one till I get them in the order I want them. Very Very tedious so I do hope this is something addressed in the next update. :)
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Drag and drop to move text within elements and settings

Another drag and drop thing that could use some love is the ability to do the typical text editing drag and drop to move part of text that we are used to with pretty much any type of text editor, html editor or web builder for the most part.

Highlight a section of text to move it elsewhere basically, but we cannot do this as it will not allow us to drag the text anywhere else at all, the drag visually looks like it's going to, but it doesn't let you drop it anywhere. This is both with text elements and also within the settings where I'd love to be able to move a part of a class I created days ago to another part of the class (maybe I typed them in an order that has name1-name2-name3 and decided I wanted the name3 to be the first part of that class so I try to highlight and drag it to the front, but... no love :(

This is a typical function in almost any editor we use today so I sure hope this is going to be updated in the future. :)

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.