RLMP and other frameworks - Post ID...

User 1738266 Photo

52 posts

I would appreciate a pointer to information on RLMP operating in conjunction with other responsive design tools, esp. Bootstrap and Foundation.

I have an HTML5 site done completely with CC HTML editor and wish to move into responsive design. I own RLMP, but have not looked into it very deeply.

Is RLMP all I need, or do the widgets, scripts; etc. available in these frameworks provide additional useful function.

Just a starting point for research would be great.
User 2147646 Photo

233 posts

At the moment RLM supports Bootstrap2 , from what I read on this forum the next version may support Bootstrap3 and Foundation5 but most likely will come at an upgrade price to V2 ;)
We can all hope that....:)

User 434929 Photo

Ambassador
938 posts

I suggest It's good to have look at Twitter Bootstrap & ZURB documents as well because what I understand those two major framework going to implemented into RLM in near future updates and sure those framework documents helped me a lot to understand better about 12 grids system and there are plenty of videos on YouTube alone to educate ourselves beside documentation of RLM in here coffeecup.com which basically all 12 grids system more and less are same.
Once you go through bootstrap and foundation framework documents you will have brighter knowledge about RLM.
Guys at coffeecup are awesometacular.
User 2484360 Photo

3,293 posts

Mansour ... wrote:
I suggest It's good to have look at Twitter Bootstrap & ZURB documents as well because what I understand those two major framework going to implemented into RLM in near future updates and sure those framework documents helped me a lot to understand better about 12 grids system and there are plenty of videos on YouTube alone to educate ourselves beside documentation of RLM in here coffeecup.com which basically all 12 grids system more and less are same.
Once you go through bootstrap and foundation framework documents you will have brighter knowledge about RLM.

ZURB Ink is not a grid system that will be added to RLM, it is geared toward email layout and design. However, Bootstrap 3 and Foundations are to be included in a future release of the program. :)
User 434929 Photo

Ambassador
938 posts

Come on Adam please dont confuse me and others.
Abviously twitter is not grid system too. ( Bootstrap was developed by Mark Otto and Jacob Thornton at Twitter as a framework ).

Foundation emerged as a ZURB project to develop front-end code faster and better. In October 2011, ZURB released Foundation 2.0 as open-source under the MIT License.[2] In June 2012 ZURB released a major update, Foundation 3.0.[3] In February 2013 ZURB released another major update, Foundation 4.0.[4]In November 2013 ZURB released another major update, Foundation 5.0.
User 2484360 Photo

3,293 posts

Mansour ... wrote:
Come on Adam please dont confuse me and others.
Abviously twitter is not grid system too. ( Bootstrap was developed by Mark Otto and Jacob Thornton at Twitter as a framework ).

Foundation emerged as a ZURB project to develop front-end code faster and better. In October 2011, ZURB released Foundation 2.0 as open-source under the MIT License.[2] In June 2012 ZURB released a major update, Foundation 3.0.[3] In February 2013 ZURB released another major update, Foundation 4.0.[4]In November 2013 ZURB released another major update, Foundation 5.0.

That is correct Mansour. Foundations and Bootstrap 3 will be added to our app, however Zurb refers to many different frameworks. If you take a look at my post I said Zurb Ink will not be included, which is part of the Zurb family. Foundations is also a part of Zurb and it will be included. :P
User 434929 Photo

Ambassador
938 posts

Cool and thanks. Looking forward for foundation 5 implementation into RLM.
Sorry I missed the INK. Yeah ink is for responsive email framework from zurb.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.