Removing Outside Gutters? - Post ID...

User 241851 Photo

4 posts

Hi,

I have just started using RLM and I have a question I couldn't find an answer for yet. I'd like there to be no gutters on the very outside left and right hand edges of the page so that my full width images for instance are flush with the vertical edges of the page. I have the standard grid set up of 12 columns and 16px gutters. Can it be done?
User 2088758 Photo

Senior Advisor
3,086 posts

Yes what you need to do is create a row and check the "None" beside Max-Width on that row. Then Insert an image element and set the ratio to 4:1 .

Hope this helps
Taking over the world one website at a time!

Steve Kolish
www.misterwebguy.com

YouTube Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCL8qVv … ttneYaMSJA
User 187934 Photo

Senior Advisor
20,188 posts

On the "Layout" tab at the very bottom you can set your gutter width.:)
I can't hear what I'm looking at.
It's easy to overlook something you're not looking for.

This is a site I built for my work.(RSD)
http://esmansgreenhouse.com
This is a site I built for use in my job.(HTML Editor)
https://pestlogbook.com
This is my personal site used for testing and as an easy way to share photos.(RLM imported to RSD)
https://ericrohloff.com
User 241851 Photo

4 posts

[quote=Eric Rohloff]On the "Layout" tab at the very bottom you can set your gutter width.:)[/quote

Hi Eric,

Thanks for that, unfortunately that takes out all the gutters, I just want to remove the very edge ones.
User 241851 Photo

4 posts

Steve wrote:
Yes what you need to do is create a row and check the "None" beside Max-Width on that row. Then Insert an image element and set the ratio to 4:1 .

Hope this helps

Hi Steve,

Thanks for your reply. When I add a new row I don't see a Max-Width setting anywhere?
User 241851 Photo

4 posts

Dave Groome wrote:
Steve wrote:

Hope this helps

Hi Steve,

Thanks for your reply. When I add a new row I don't see a Max-Width setting anywhere?

If I remove the left and right padding that works but oddly it only seems to work when I reduce the screen size down some. It still shows a gutter/padding around my row at 100%
User 34854 Photo

3 posts

If you select each row on the page one at a time, and change the max-width of the properties to none, it should fix what you are seeing.
User 34854 Photo

3 posts

Also, I think you need to edit the coffeegrinder.css file (or the default file you are using) to delete the max-width property for .row. I think this becomes the default, and I don't see where to override it in the software.

.row {
width:100%;
max-width:1200px;
}

User 34854 Photo

3 posts

Mark Brown wrote:
Also, I think you need to edit the coffeegrinder.css file (or the default file you are using) to delete the max-width property for .row. I think this becomes the default, and I don't see where to override it in the software.

.row {
width:100%;
max-width:1200px;
}

Ignore this. If you set the properties in responsive layout maker with no max-width, then it works fine, and overrides the default. As always you have to be careful propagating changes from the layout export to a web site in progress.
User 232214 Photo

COO
827 posts

Please take a look at the templates included with your purchase. They are full of examples showing exactly how this is done. Also take a look at the included kick-starter template, a lot of the questions that come up are addressed there in words, settings and examples.
The future of web layout has arrived and it's called CSS Grid. CoffeeCup helps you to get ready with a free guide, the Grid Builder app plus cool demos & themes.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.