Possible Bug in RLM? - Post ID 231104

User 315488 Photo

90 posts

There is an irritating problem I found in RLM today. I updated to the latest version last night and tonight I'm playing with it a bit.
When I try to click on one of the selectors, most of the time it just jumps out and I can't use the selectors. I have a short video here that describes the problem. Please let me know if there is a way to fix this. I remember with the older version that I could click on the selector for a column, logo, paragraph or other element and select another part of the layout such as the column or row to make some changes. Now I can't do that.

I did a short video showing what's happening - you can access it here:
http://www.screencast.com/t/1NObm4I8tCoB

Any help appreciated.
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

I have never had that issue myself Ron. Can you zip up your project file and attach it here? I would like to see if it is just an issue with this project file.

If you create a new project, does it have the same issue?
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 315488 Photo

90 posts

Yep, here (attached) is the zip file for the project.

Attachments:
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

FisherRon wrote:
Yep, here (attached) is the zip file for the project.

Thanks. I tried step by step what your video was showing but I cannot replicate the issue. Do you have the same issue with new projects? What operating system do you have installed and what version of IE do you have? Please also confirm the exact build of RLM you are using.

One thing I would try is rebooting your computer and see if that helps. If it does not, I would recommend opening a support ticket.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 434929 Photo

Ambassador
938 posts

I assume you have kinda Bluetooth mouse / cordless mouse that has snapping feature. I had the same thing here with same issue as well, I figured out Mouse snapping feature causing me headache .

All you have to do is: Go to system control panel > Look for Mouse setting > Pointer options Tap > unchecked the Automatically Snap To...
Guys at coffeecup are awesometacular.
User 315488 Photo

90 posts

I do have a wireless mouse and between checking the settings for it and re-booting my computer, it all worked out and things are back to normal.

I should know better - I often have to tell people to re-boot their computer as part of the troubleshooting process.
Sorry for the panic - it was one of those crazy coincidences where I had just installed a new version and had a new problem at apparently the same time.
It's not RLM - just a seriously stressed out and not thinking straight user.

This is one of the reasons I use Coffee Cup software - the support and help not only from nice, supportive and knowledgeable regular users like me, but also direct support from Coffee Cup staff.

Thanks again.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.