Love RLMP but can't get hidden images...

User 2750057 Photo

7 posts

Hi,

I need my site to do what the Card template does, where there are two images in a container and one is hidden at larger sizes and appears at smaller sizes, and the other image does the opposite. I've started going slightly crazy because I can't make it work on my project. It would help if one could open two instances of RLMP at the same time so as to compare back and forth. Can someone please help?

Thank you in advance.

best,

Boyd
--
Boyd Stone
User 2088758 Photo

Senior Advisor
3,086 posts

What you want to do Boyd is put two images in the same container. Slider your slider all the way the the right just past the first breakpoint. Once there you set your smaller image to display none. Begin moving your slider to the left until you get to the breakpoint where you want your larger image to disappear and your smaller one to appear. Then set your large image to display none and set your small image to display block.

That should do the trick. I have an example where i made two sliders one full size for desktop and one smaller for mobile www.limelightwraps.com .

Hope this helps.
Taking over the world one website at a time!

Steve Kolish
www.misterwebguy.com

YouTube Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCL8qVv … ttneYaMSJA
User 2750057 Photo

7 posts

Thank you very much for the help and the confidence to keep trying. I was about to start poking myself with my selfie-stick.

(Later) It worked! I wonder if you have to use the exact steps you detailed, because I've been setting them to display-none, display-Block for hours and it didn't work.

Thank you again,

Boyd

Steve wrote:
What you want to do Boyd is put two images in the same container. Slider your slider all the way the the right just past the first breakpoint. Once there you set your smaller image to display none. Begin moving your slider to the left until you get to the breakpoint where you want your larger image to disappear and your smaller one to appear. Then set your large image to display none and set your small image to display block.

That should do the trick. I have an example where i made two sliders one full size for desktop and one smaller for mobile www.limelightwraps.com .

Hope this helps.
User 2088758 Photo

Senior Advisor
3,086 posts

Great to hear it worked! Yes the breakpoint part of the steps is important. If you mess that up it will not work as you want it to.
Taking over the world one website at a time!

Steve Kolish
www.misterwebguy.com

YouTube Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCL8qVv … ttneYaMSJA

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.