Linking to Images - Post ID 246810

User 2273654 Photo

755 posts

I am having the same problem. This is the first time I have tried using the software and the first time I am trying to rebuild my VSD site with RLMP. I am trying to put the two main name images which I will make them h1 tags. I am loading them as images so as to be able to use the type of Google font that I have been using on the title of the site. I clicked on the help function of the application and have been trying to follow the instructions on adding an image. The application does not seem to be loading images into its img folder or allowing me to load and image and save. I put the image or images into the apps image folder and put the path in the "Export Path" place in the properties section of the application. I do a save and when I preview in the browser the application has cleared the images out of the image folder that I had put there manually before. If I put the images in my S-drive storage in a img folder and give that path it does not access that and still does not display the images with a preview. The application is not giving me a way to have the app load an image into its img folder.
I think that you should be able to preview images from a local workup of a site from its local files and folders. Site does not necessarily have to be exported or uploaded to get a preview of it?...
My CC S-drive site https://workhorsepainting.com
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

GregB. wrote:
I am having the same problem. This is the first time I have tried using the software and the first time I am trying to rebuild my VSD site with RLMP. I am trying to put the two main name images which I will make them h1 tags. I am loading them as images so as to be able to use the type of Google font that I have been using on the title of the site. I clicked on the help function of the application and have been trying to follow the instructions on adding an image. The application does not seem to be loading images into its img folder or allowing me to load and image and save. I put the image or images into the apps image folder and put the path in the "Export Path" place in the properties section of the application. I do a save and when I preview in the browser the application has cleared the images out of the image folder that I had put there manually before. If I put the images in my S-drive storage in a img folder and give that path it does not access that and still does not display the images with a preview. The application is not giving me a way to have the app load an image into its img folder.
I think that you should be able to preview images from a local workup of a site from its local files and folders. Site does not necessarily have to be exported or uploaded to get a preview of it?...

Images only show after exporting. They will not show in Preview or in the application.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 515127 Photo

116 posts

Regarding images - what I've been doing is creating an images folder below the 'export folder', placing my graphics in that folder, and typing in the export path property to a given graphic element as images/myimage.jpg; in addition I pay close attention to the size ratio - for example, if my desired image is 615x302 - I might resize it a bit in a graphics editor to 600x300, then manually set the ratio to 2:1 (in this example). If the image was 804x498, I would resize to 800x500 and then set the size ratio to 8:5.

By using an images folder for the graphics I prepare - I am sure that nothing will be overwritten when I export again after adjusting some of the parameters / css3 stuff and re-exporting. The resulting html img tag will say src="images/myimage.jpg" and the page will find the stuff I placed in the images folder.

When I upload to the server - I upload the images folder to the website root folder and I'm assured that the graphics will be there and older versions will be overwritten by what would be normally the newer version residing in my PC's images folder.

Hope this helps - and if somebody has a better way, I'm quite willing to listen! :-)

Sincerely,
Gordon
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

gllincoln wrote:
Regarding images - what I've been doing is creating an images folder below the 'export folder', placing my graphics in that folder, and typing in the export path property to a given graphic element as images/myimage.jpg; in addition I pay close attention to the size ratio - for example, if my desired image is 615x302 - I might resize it a bit in a graphics editor to 600x300, then manually set the ratio to 2:1 (in this example). If the image was 804x498, I would resize to 800x500 and then set the size ratio to 8:5.

By using an images folder for the graphics I prepare - I am sure that nothing will be overwritten when I export again after adjusting some of the parameters / css3 stuff and re-exporting. The resulting html img tag will say src="images/myimage.jpg" and the page will find the stuff I placed in the images folder.

When I upload to the server - I upload the images folder to the website root folder and I'm assured that the graphics will be there and older versions will be overwritten by what would be normally the newer version residing in my PC's images folder.

Hope this helps - and if somebody has a better way, I'm quite willing to listen! :-)

Sincerely,
Gordon

*wonders if anyone actually read her post that gave step by step instructions on how to do all of this and why it isn't working* :/
User 2273654 Photo

755 posts

OK I will have to preview it from the HTML editor before uploading or posting. Seems to work quite differently from the RED images procedures.
My CC S-drive site https://workhorsepainting.com
User 2088758 Photo

Senior Advisor
3,087 posts

Hey Greg,

Yes it does diifer from RED... remember this is a layout maker not website designer. You can look forward to these types of features when RSD is released.
Taking over the world one website at a time!

Steve Kolish
www.misterwebguy.com

YouTube Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCL8qVv … ttneYaMSJA

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.