layouts/manage projects/ one click...

User 1891014 Photo

4 posts

First of all, for the most part, this software is pretty decent. Especially now that you've added in a text editor. Before that, it was almost useless at least for me. It still isn't as good as webflow's product but getting closer. Hopefully some day it will be as good as that since paying monthly isn't as good as simply buying the software one-off. That's a compliment btw. :)

All of that said, I found something very annoying. Especially since the finding of it caused me to delete a page I had totally finished and now must rely on a backup from a few hours past, losing everything I'd done up to that time.

So heads up if you click the "layouts" tab then "manage projects" and then click the little minus button if even to see what it does, be forwarned the page you are on will be deleted without further warning. Oops.
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

First of all, for the most part, this software is pretty decent. Especially now that you've added in a text editor. Before that, it was almost useless at least for me. It still isn't as good as webflow's product but getting closer. Hopefully some day it will be as good as that since paying monthly isn't as good as simply buying the software one-off. That's a compliment btw. :)

That is awesome to hear! You will love the next update in the works and of course our soon to be released Responsive Site Designer. :)

So heads up if you click the "layouts" tab then "manage projects" and then click the little minus button if even to see what it does, be forwarned the page you are on will be deleted without further warning. Oops.

What did you expect it to do? :)
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 1891014 Photo

4 posts

AdtasticHosting wrote:
That is awesome to hear! You will love the next update in the works and of course our soon to be released Responsive Site Designer. :)

Scott Swedorski wrote:

What did you expect it to do? :)

Umm, open a dialog box perhaps. Mostly clicked it because it wasn't overly obvious to me what it was and I expected some sort of dialogue to popup telling me what it was and well, I'm one of those people that click first and ask questions later... Of course when I realized its intent I learned what it does didn't I? My bigger point was that since it is doing something so drastic as deleting a page a more friendly programming style might offer a message like "Do you really want to delete this page forever?".
User 2088758 Photo

Senior Advisor
3,087 posts

My bigger point was that since it is doing something so drastic as deleting a page a more friendly programming style might offer a message like "Do you really want to delete this page forever?".

I agree with you there Adtastic I would love to see the "Are you sure you want to delete this page?" message. I have accidentally deleted a page before. Very annoying, it was just a miss click and gone! But I am very careful now when in the manage layouts.

Taking over the world one website at a time!

Steve Kolish
www.misterwebguy.com

YouTube Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCL8qVv … ttneYaMSJA
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

And agreeing fully here, what about deleting pages to the recycle/trash instead of gone forever?
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Jo Ann wrote:
And agreeing fully here, what about deleting pages to the recycle/trash instead of gone forever?

What you can do is not save the project and re-open it. I have also logged this to be included in a future update.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 2088758 Photo

Senior Advisor
3,087 posts

What you can do is not save the project and re-open it. I have also logged this to be included in a future update.

Whoohoo thanks Scott!
Taking over the world one website at a time!

Steve Kolish
www.misterwebguy.com

YouTube Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCL8qVv … ttneYaMSJA

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.