Layout Panel broken - Post ID 243735

User 377716 Photo

31 posts

:rolleyes: First off, I have fallen in love with RLM, to my surprise. I couldn't seem to get into VSD, but RLM is something else. But somehow I managed to break it. I know I'll probably have to uninstall and reinstall, but wanted to ask if anyone else has had this happen.
My project was going well, after I'd learned a bit about the program. I was happy with the export of the 'Index' page after about the 3rd or 4th attempt. Now my Layout panel has no labels on the tabs. Grid, for certain doesn't even flash. I clicked 'reset' on one of the panel views and now if I click on the Elements and Properties tabs, the names flash briefly and go away. But I can't do anything with them.
I don't know the program well enough to even make a guess what caused this hangup. It happened after I opened the project in RLM to change the background color on all the elements on the page. Got them all changed but the third paragraph of the main section had a 5-7px white line on each side. As I attempted to find out why, checking margins, etc., the program hanged and the panel tabs were blank.
Thank for all the good help in this forum,
Sylvia
Sylvia Nickels
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Can you post a screenshot of what you see?
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 377716 Photo

31 posts

Attaching the file, couldn't get it to paste, Scott.
Thanks,
Sylvia

Attachments:
Sylvia Nickels
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

This is caused by using an unsupported Windows 7 theme (Windows Classic). If you switch back to the default Windows 7 theme, it will correct this problem. You can find instructions here at http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/wind … ktop-theme on how to change your theme.

I think you will find Windows looks much better once you change things back to normal. ;)

We are looking to address this in the software in a later release.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 377716 Photo

31 posts

Scott,
Thanks again and again, it worked! Now i can get back to the original problem I was trying to fix.
This forum is invaluable. I understood what an earlier problem was by reading here. My page didn't look right on a wide screen monitor, spacing was off, but it looked great in RLM. I had placed several breakpoints and it looked good at each one after adjustment. I was totally frustrated. My eureka moment was reading one of Eric's posts in answer to someone else. Stupidly I thought you could only adjust to 1200px in Desktop DownPX, which I was using. Then I read Eric's reply advising someone to move the slider to the right of the 1200px breakpoint to adjust for wider monitors. So I did and everything magically went into place. :D
Sylvia
Sylvia Nickels

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.