html script loop on click - Post ID...

User 2686314 Photo

25 posts

Adam East... if that is your real name...:P I knew an adam once... different last name... west i think it was...anywho...

what RLM element would you suggest, Im interested in building the page dynamically... iframes seemed to be the way to go... and I have often used antiquated equipment, ie a real film camera, with great success...

“We are Achaians coming from Troy, beaten off our true course by winds from every direction across the great gulf of the open sea, making for home, by the wrong way, on the wrong courses. So we have come. So it has pleased Zeus to arrange it.”’
User 2147626 Photo

Ambassador
2,958 posts

Just my 2 cents ... If you're in a pinch ( because it is more work in the long run ) build your web site any way you know how. If it works, don't 'fix it'! There is a learning curve to all this. If you have the time, learn. It's always better to do it right the first time. If you don't have the time, then get it working. Make your improvements when you create your web site v2.0! Just my 2 cents . . .:P
Graphics for the web, email, blogs and more!
-------------------------------------
https://sadduck.com
User 2686314 Photo

25 posts

#rogerThat

Adam used one of our buzz words... SEO... and I have already encountered issues with CSS not cascading correctly... Owner of the website has stated site must be SEO optimized...
“We are Achaians coming from Troy, beaten off our true course by winds from every direction across the great gulf of the open sea, making for home, by the wrong way, on the wrong courses. So we have come. So it has pleased Zeus to arrange it.”’
User 2686314 Photo

25 posts

Based on our research into google web crawlers iframes will not dilute SEO.
If this turns out to be untrue, we will follow up here...
User 2484360 Photo

3,293 posts

Iframes are treated as inline elements for the page you are visiting however they should be used sparingly. As Gunsmoke stated it is better to get something up rather than nothing. However if this is Site2.0 then it should be done correctly. Many designers use different components to build their websites and really is up to the designer. We can only suggest. We can not force something on you. :P

You can read more about it here http://www.coffeecup.com/help/articles/ … rames-bad/
User 2686314 Photo

25 posts

Yes, that is what I am asking for. What coffeeCup element would coffeeCup use to build a page dynamically? or is that not a valid question? <-real question.
User 2484360 Photo

3,293 posts

Visioneer wrote:
Yes, that is what I am asking for. What coffeeCup element would coffeeCup use to build a page dynamically? or is that not a valid question? <-real question.

There is no element in RLM for Iframes. Personally when I add an iframe to a layout I normally add an image in the location where I want the iframe to appear. Then once I export my project I would delete the image code and add the iframe code in its place.

You can use any element you wish though as it will be treated as a placeholder only.

User 2686314 Photo

25 posts

iframes it is..

#GTG
User 2686314 Photo

25 posts

pssst adam... you should crop a little off the top of your avatar... #my2cents
User 2484360 Photo

3,293 posts

Good luck. :)

I like it as it is, but thanks for the suggestion.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.