css/js/fonts Folders - Post ID 240449

User 2717997 Photo

4 posts

There is something very fundamental that I don't understand. (Actually many things!)
When I compose successive pages, export them to HTML, the three folders: css, fonts, js are also generated. I understand that. Each time I publish one, the previous folders and contents are overwritten. How do I ensure that the contents of the folders are cumulative, functional for all uploaded webpages?
And how can I change the Title in .rlmp? I can change the title in the HTML document using Notepad, so that is not a critical issue.
User 2088758 Photo

Senior Advisor
3,086 posts

Each time I publish one, the previous folders and contents are overwritten.

Yes this is correct. So if you would like to make changes to the css you would want to create another stylesheet called lets say "custom.css" and make all your customization's there.

How do I ensure that the contents of the folders are cumulative, functional for all uploaded webpages?

By default RLM will apply the styles to all pages in the project. Remember though you will have to add one line to your header of each page in this case it would be
<link rel="stylesheet" href="css/custom.css">

And how can I change the Title in .rlmp? I can change the title in the HTML document using Notepad, so that is not a critical issue.

You cannot do this within the application. Please remember that this is a layout maker not a website designer. By default it will give the page titles the name of the page. I have to go in after I export and add my SEO and Page titles.
Taking over the world one website at a time!

Steve Kolish
www.misterwebguy.com

YouTube Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCL8qVv … ttneYaMSJA
User 10077 Photo

Senior Advisor
1,095 posts

A couple of other thoughts to add...
George H Meck wrote:
When I compose successive pages, export them to HTML, the three folders: css, fonts, js are also generated. I understand that. Each time I publish one, the previous folders and contents are overwritten. How do I ensure that the contents of the folders are cumulative, functional for all uploaded webpages?

You don't have to create one page in RLMP, export, finish it in HTML Editor and then start with the next page all over again. You can can create more than one page in your RLMP project. In the toolbar at the top, click Layouts -> Manage Project. You can add more pages there. That way, when you export, all the pages are exported.

If you add another page later, go back to the same project and add the new page. After you re-export, you only need to copy the css folder and the html page over to your HTML Editor project to finish the new pages.
ASK ME ANYTHING
I provide personalized help for Coffeecup Users including training for Site Designer and Web Form Builder via Zoom.
Email me at support@usconsumernet.org or call 865-687-7698.

Did you know that Web Form Builder can be used for both simple and complicated forms and that it's not limited to the default fonts and buttons? Take a look at a form we developed for WindowTinting.com.
https://forms.windowtinting.com/forms/w … ppingcart/

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.