Bringing one design layout to a...

User 2699991 Photo

4,782 posts
Online Now

There may be a simple solution for this or it may be impossible, you might ask why do I want to do this, I sometimes keep asking myself the same question.

What I would like to do is to bring one page layout that I have in a test project that I did a while ago, and import it into a new project, I realise that there could be issues regarding class and Id but I could clear all them from the old one and re-name them in the new one. I have done it before by switching from project to project and duplicating the properties and layout etc, but it takes an absolute age when it is a complex layout that I want to re-create.

Thanks in advance (even if it's to tell me I want the impossible)
Mastering The Understanding With Hands-On Learning
NEW TO "COFFEECUP SITE DESIGNER" FOUNDATION 6 FRAMEWORK?
STUCK ON SOMETHING?

LEARNING & UNDERSTANDING "THE HOW TO"? THE WHY'S & THE WHEREFORE'S?
WITH WAYAN'S STEP BY STEP TUTORIALS
Contact Me For One To One Assistance
https://alphathemes.coffeecup.com/forms … an%281%29/
User 232214 Photo

COO
827 posts

Wayanjaya wrote:

What I would like to do is to bring one page layout that I have in a test project that I did a while ago, and import it into a new project, I realise that there could be issues regarding class and Id but I could clear all them from the old one and re-name them in the new one. I have done it before by switching from project to project and duplicating the properties and layout etc, but it takes an absolute age when it is a complex layout that I want to re-create.

Thanks in advance (even if it's to tell me I want the impossible)

You can do this across pages (inside a project), but not across project right now.So yea, impossible importing from other projects...for now..
The future of web layout has arrived and it's called CSS Grid. CoffeeCup helps you to get ready with a free guide, the Grid Builder app plus cool demos & themes.
User 2699991 Photo

4,782 posts
Online Now

I Thought So, but have done it the long way round
Thanks for your response
Mastering The Understanding With Hands-On Learning
NEW TO "COFFEECUP SITE DESIGNER" FOUNDATION 6 FRAMEWORK?
STUCK ON SOMETHING?

LEARNING & UNDERSTANDING "THE HOW TO"? THE WHY'S & THE WHEREFORE'S?
WITH WAYAN'S STEP BY STEP TUTORIALS
Contact Me For One To One Assistance
https://alphathemes.coffeecup.com/forms … an%281%29/

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.