What is the purpose of a "CONTAINER"?...

User 1656825 Photo

37 posts

Hi, Scott!

Please, I wish to know what is a purpose af a container, because I do not find differences in use between column and row.

I would greatly appreciate if you could explain me what is the intended use of this container.

Thank you!
User 2484360 Photo

3,293 posts

Hey there,

A container is just that a container. It is used to contain elements so you have better control over what they do.

For example: Let's say you want a row with a background color of blue, a column with a background color of yellow, and another pink background on top of the yellow. You would use a container element to achieve the pink background. This is a simple example of course but it shows one of the many uses a container can have.

Whenever you have an element or setting that you do not know what it does, or how it works, I recommend you add it to a layout and just play with it. This will give you a better understanding of it, as well as experience with the program itself. :)

I have created the above example in the attached RLM file. Take a look.
Attachments:
User 1656825 Photo

37 posts

Excuse me, please, but I dont know what is a RLM file or how to open... My only software from CoffeCup is RED.

Please tell me how!
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Emetris wrote:
Excuse me, please, but I dont know what is a RLM file or how to open... My only software from CoffeCup is RED.

Please tell me how!

That file is for Responsive Layout Maker. However what Adam said is still true for both applications.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.