Support for dealing with Dark Mode? -...

User 2841028 Photo

20 posts

Haven't used ED in a few years, but coming back to do some testing and hoping that some sort of support for dealing with Dark Mode has been implemented in a current version (i.e., when the devices the user is viewing on are in "dark mode" and white becomes back, etc.); but I don't see anything in the app or documentation, and the last post I can find on "work arounds" is from a number of years back now. Am I missing something, or still no support for Dark Mode?
User 3148500 Photo

1 post

Dealing with Dark Mode depends on the specific application or software you are using. However, here are some general tips and guidelines:

Enable Dark Mode: Most modern operating systems, including Windows 10, macOS, and Android, have a Dark Mode option that you can enable. This will change the color scheme of the operating system and many applications to use darker colors, which can be easier on the eyes and may save battery life on devices with OLED displays.

Use High Contrast Themes: Many operating systems also have high contrast themes that can make it easier to see text and icons in Dark Mode. These themes use bright colors that contrast with the dark background, making it easier to see the content on your screen.

Adjust Brightness and Contrast: If you find that Dark Mode is still too bright, you can adjust the brightness and contrast settings on your device to make the display dimmer.

Use Dark Mode Browser Extensions: Many popular web browsers, such as Chrome and Firefox, offer extensions that enable Dark Mode on websites that do not have a Dark Mode option. These extensions can make browsing the web easier on your eyes, especially at night.

Use Apps that Support Dark Mode: Many popular apps, such as Twitter, Facebook, and YouTube, now offer Dark Mode options. Using these apps in Dark Mode can help reduce eye strain and improve readability, especially in low light conditions.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.