RED V2 Subscription - Post ID 272571

User 2614236 Photo

141 posts

Oh well that's the end for me. Not going down this adobe type subscription plan route. Bad mistake.
Tony
User 187934 Photo

Senior Advisor
20,181 posts

I don't think CC is ripping anybody off with this approach. You don't have to participate and ver 1.3 is yours to use as much as you want. CC will make adjustments based on sell through and user success.
The subscription based plans have one distinct advantage like S-Drive, It's going to work because the app is tied to CC's servers and they have control. The one thing CC has always been focused on and that's users being able to make websites easily that work. This is no simple task when standards aren't standards.
I don't have many subscription based apps but I do know that I have spent plenty on updates for other companies apps. It's a user by user decision on what works for them. CC makes great products and they listen very closely to what their customers say. :)
I can't hear what I'm looking at.
It's easy to overlook something you're not looking for.

This is a site I built for my work.(RSD)
http://esmansgreenhouse.com
This is a site I built for use in my job.(HTML Editor)
https://pestlogbook.com
This is my personal site used for testing and as an easy way to share photos.(RLM imported to RSD)
https://ericrohloff.com
User 2614236 Photo

141 posts

I agree that CC are not ripping anyone off. As you rightly say you don't have to participate which is exactly the stance I am taking. I do not like subscription based software. Ask Adobe, I got rid of them as well and found a better alternative. I think many will do the same here. Time will tell...
Tony
User 1907890 Photo

54 posts

I use subscription software based on how much I need it. Adobe, I use all day and I am too old to learn something else.
When it comes to emails, I only need it a few times a month, so even the $9 a month is too much for the use I would gain.
I was more than willing to pay for an upgrade to the current RED, but not every month till the end of time.
I understand the desire for a constant revenue stream, but I can't participate.
User 2022095 Photo

121 posts

Subscription based is hard for me too!
Thats why Im still holding on to my old adobe suite 5.5 and its really old but hey I gotta do what I gotta do and so I said see ya adobe hopefully something comes along and takes its place and if not... oh well! "I hope when CC come out with a drag and drop wordpress its not subscription based". Im really really hopping Im not being kicked out of the nest.

-wmfx
User 2599609 Photo

10 posts

I also would prefer to pay one time fee than paying every month... And once i have paid for the software i must get all future updates without any conditions... On the other hand RED business supposed to be updated as normal update for all users for RED V2... There wasn't ever mentioned about subscription plan for RED Business update... And why i would want to use your servers at $9 per month... so you can actually go googles path to check customers data response for marketing purpose.. I would like use my own servers without any restrictions... I hope someone in future would create a open software...
User 2305028 Photo

6 posts

I agree, I am done using this software. I started using Foundation for Email. I dont do them that often, so 9 dollars a month is just not worth it. With CC I use it daily, but not this product.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.