RED V2 beta feedback - Post ID 272706

User 2807025 Photo

25 posts

I really need the ability to include non-standard options when adding hyperlinks within emails. My software(s - I use 2 mailers) use %%unsubscribe%% and [unsubscribe], %%webversion%% and [webversion] to autogenerate the respective URLs. But RED won't let me use them, so I have to manually edit the files before sending, which frankly is an big, unnecessary PITA.
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

You should be able to use them on a Text Link element. Just make sure to uncheck the box "Automatic encoding".

Attachments:
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 1991012 Photo

55 posts

Scott,
You're completely right, but in some cases such hyperlinks need to be used within a Text or Paragraph element (unsubscribe word within a sentence) or even an image.
User 2733 Photo

Ambassador
426 posts

I place php variables like $senderEmail and $recipientEmail right in my REDv2 templates.
Attachments:
Let's not get all hurt.
User 2807025 Photo

25 posts

I agree with RZoran - the Text Link element is too confining.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.