RED and Mailchimp? - Post ID 248515

User 2305028 Photo

6 posts

So I see the logos for MailChimp, and Constant Contact. Will we be able to create templates that can be used by a client they they can access and update in there back end system? What is going to come with MailChimp direct integration?
User 232214 Photo

COO
827 posts

Chris Madsen wrote:
So I see the logos for MailChimp, and Constant Contact. Will we be able to create templates that can be used by a client they they can access and update in there back end system? What is going to come with MailChimp direct integration?

If the back end system has a code editor, that's how the (content of) exported files can be updated. That is how Mailchimp works with templates created outside of their editor. However, since layout / design / mobile changes will likely vary with the actual content or campaign, most people update the core template in Responsive Email Designer. The core template can for example be made using all design powers of RED for Business, while updates are done (by clients) in RED Personal. Pasting the updated file is simple for most sending systems (like Mailchimp and Constant Contact).

Integrations will come in different levels, from sending through Mailchimp directly from RED to exporting the email directly to the Mailchimp templates. :cool:

Hope this helps!
The future of web layout has arrived and it's called CSS Grid. CoffeeCup helps you to get ready with a free guide, the Grid Builder app plus cool demos & themes.
User 2777093 Photo

11 posts

I just signed up with Mailchimp and try to import my email. Had an error message

What should I do ?
User 232214 Photo

COO
827 posts

Jean-Luc Praz wrote:
I just signed up with Mailchimp and try to import my email. Had an error message

What should I do ?

It means Mailchimp has problems with the Google API for some reason. We have had this now and then as well when using Mailchimp. Try using a standard font like Helvetica or Arial for now, that will solve it.
The future of web layout has arrived and it's called CSS Grid. CoffeeCup helps you to get ready with a free guide, the Grid Builder app plus cool demos & themes.
User 2777093 Photo

11 posts

Scott Swedorski wrote:

Yes, it will work nicely with MailChimp. ;)

Am I being unlucky ?

http://www.corobori.com/sos/2015-05-11_12-37-20.jpg
User 232214 Photo

COO
827 posts

Jean-Luc Praz wrote:

Am I being unlucky ?

Yes! It was a big coincidence, the one theme you based your design on (mountain loft) was built in such a way that the Mailchimp system tried to auto-correct some code....which it did not do correctly....

Sorry for this, we will update the theme and that problem will be gone.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.