Mailchimp and RED Setup for Clients -...

User 2693187 Photo

167 posts

Hi guys,

I've recently tried to set up a RED template, then add MC:Edit Codes and Import it into Mailchimp.

By doing this I wanted clients to be ab to be able to change text and images themselves each time for the responsive template.

Text worked fine, but the issue I had was with the images. MC:Edit worked fine and I could replace the images within Mailchimp. However when I sent the template back for tests for some reason it would keep the original images I put within red - somehow hanging onto that code or breaking the template.

There was also issues that if that e-mail went to a Junk Folder and then was dragged back into inbox (This was outlook)
It'd break the template completely.

I spoke to support and they basically said it was a big no no - that I was even doing this.

Is this something you guys will be looking at integrating better in the future - as I have a lot of clients that want to self manage their own templates.

Any help would be awesome.
-A.

User 2693187 Photo

167 posts

Hi guys,

Any pointers on this? - or is there a better platform that can be used in order for a client to edit their own templates in order to send out a responsive e-mail?

Cheers,
-A.

User 2088758 Photo

Senior Advisor
3,086 posts

Hi Adam,

I am not aware of any other platforms that would work better the RED. An option is to get your client to buy RED and teach them how to use it if they wish to update themselves.
Taking over the world one website at a time!

Steve Kolish
www.misterwebguy.com

YouTube Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCL8qVv … ttneYaMSJA

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.