I am going in circles in RED - Post...

User 91713 Photo

83 posts

What is described in Chapter 6 of the manual is not happening on my machine. When I log in I am resend to RED again and again.
In the attached file is to see what can be expected accordiing to the manual and what happens.
I am in RED 1.2 and installed it twice.
What can bet he problem here?

Attachments:
The perfection isn't reached in one pass.
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

The answer is actually right on those screenshots under "What happens 1& 2". You are on a free account and have linked in 5 images to your Resource Library. To use the Resource Library, you must have a Mailer account. When RED is used together with Mailer, the email generation scripts are updated before every send or export. These scripts take care of the display consistency across email clients. Plus images are automatically placed online.

A few additional perks are in the works, including email client testing (see what your email looks like in for example Gmail right in the app) and direct sending options (through Mailchimp or Campaign Monitor for example). You can upgrade at anytime here:
https://www.coffeecup.com/store/specials/mailer/

If you do not want to use an account and simply want to export, you have to update all 5 images links (it says that on What happens 1). Once you do that, you can then export.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 91713 Photo

83 posts

Scott, thanks. As you know I only do a few emails in a year for a smal circle, so I don't have a wish to upgrade.
I think I understand what you are saying, but the procedure of updating the images links is unclear to me.
What do I have to fill in? Where? I tried the path of the Project resources. I uploaded the images to my site on the S-drive and tried to hard code the links. No succes. (It is a disappointment because the last time I was able to ge a mail out. Has something changed in the new version or was I lucky then?)
Can you give me the steps?
Attachments:
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Hans van Overbeek wrote:
Scott, thanks. As you know I only do a few emails in a year for a smal circle, so I don't have a wish to upgrade.
I think I understand what you are saying, but the procedure of updating the images links is unclear to me.
What do I have to fill in? Where? I tried the path of the Project resources. I uploaded the images to my site on the S-drive and tried to hard code the links. No succes. (It is a disappointment because the last time I was able to ge a mail out. Has something changed in the new version or was I lucky then?)
Can you give me the steps?

That screenshot shows the issue again. You cannot use the Resource Library unless you have a Mailer account. ;)

For each image, you need to go to the Properties Tab and under Source, change to Online Image and then enter a URL to where your image is located. These images need to be loaded on the web in some public location.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 91713 Photo

83 posts

Scott, thank you for your patience. Temporarely I work on another computer but I could reach back-up files and was able to see what I used the last time. It is a pity I cann't use S-drive, but I can acces a another server. You directed my thoughts to a solution. Thanks.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.