Hosting your own images - Post ID 265570

User 2841114 Photo

4 posts

I recently canceled my subscription to the sDrive for Responsive Email for Business.

Since this change, I've noticed a pattern that I find distressing. When I look to export my email to HTML, the generator fails once then connects. EVERY TIME.

I'm frustrated because the notice of this suggests the server is "too busy" to execute the export but it then works immediately on the second attempt. This is suspicious because the pattern seems to be not because of server load at all but rather, just a nag to annoy users into updraging their service and CoffeeCup gets there residual revenue of $9/m. This isn't a lot of money but it makes more sense to use my own platform.

Has anyone else experienced this same scenario?
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

You do not have a Mailer Subscription (you cancelled that on Tuesday) so if any images are linked in under Add Images, you need to remove those and link each one to an Online URL. Please visit EXPORTING YOUR RED PROJECT and follow the steps outlined.

Should you change your mind and want to try Mailer again, you can upgrade at anytime here:
https://www.coffeecup.com/store/specials/mailer/

I would also make sure you are not using RED Mailer (look at the top of the app) but instead are using RED for Business.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 2841114 Photo

4 posts

I wasn't using RED Mailer. I uninstalled that so I was certain my file associations would open R.E.F.B.

I could be wrong. It may have been a glitch behaviour. However when trying to publish an email yesterday I had to go back and do several exports. Every second export attempt was successful after a failed attempt with a message that the service was too busy to compile the email code. After about a dozen times I was frustrated because the notice was consistently stopping me from exporting every other time.

It should be noted that all my images were hosted elsewhere and linked online as directed.

[UPDATE]: I have tried a few exports to see if I could screen cap the notification I was receiving and it hasn't come up. I'm hoping this was an isolated occurrence yesterday. Responsive Emailer for Business is a great product and has cut my build times by 60%. I understand the charge for hosting images.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.