Background color - Post ID 277646

User 2686783 Photo

84 posts

I am stumped. I am using Web Form Builder and editing the Confirm Email in RED Personal. I started with the Lilac Confirmation template. I think I can edit it to look the way I want it to except for the way outside background color - it is pink. I don't want pink, I really don't need any color there, white would be fine. The problem is, I can't figure out where to change that in RED. What am I missing?
User 187934 Photo

Senior Advisor
20,181 posts
Online Now

Hi Dee,
Try clicking on the inspector tab then on body
I can't hear what I'm looking at.
It's easy to overlook something you're not looking for.

This is a site I built for my work.(RSD)
http://esmansgreenhouse.com
This is a site I built for use in my job.(HTML Editor)
https://pestlogbook.com
This is my personal site used for testing and as an easy way to share photos.(RLM imported to RSD)
https://ericrohloff.com
User 2686783 Photo

84 posts

Eric,

My brain is not functioning, what is the inspector tab?

Here is a photo to show the pink area.

Dee
User 2686783 Photo

84 posts

Oh, maybe there isn't an inspector tab in RED Personal?

User 379556 Photo

1,533 posts

I don't see any Inspector tab in RED Personal.

I haven't found the theme in question, but opening the Purple-Grass theme in RED Personal I see a similar sort of border. A double left-mouse click on that border leads to Body in the right-hand panel with a Background box to change the background colour. Left mouse clicking on that box brings up the 'Choose a Color' item, and setting the bottom right-hand figure to zero makes the background transparent.

Perhaps the same will apply to the Lilac Confirmation theme.

Frank
User 2686783 Photo

84 posts

Thanks Frank! That was very helpful. I was able to click on the reset button and that made the background disappear - no more pink. The odd thing is I now cannot get back to that screen to choose a different color.

DeeDee
User 379556 Photo

1,533 posts

In the 'Choose a Color' box I find that, after resetting or changing a colour, one needs to double-click on the right-hand rectangular colour lozenge before that 'Choose a Color' box comes to life again. I also find that sometimes double-clicking is necessary when choosing colours.

I'm not sure whether the above may be the result of Windows 10 updates, of which there have been several since the program was last updated.

Frank
User 2686783 Photo

84 posts

After I read your first message, I was able to scroll down to the bottom and see a tiny bit of pink. Then I was able to double click and pull up the Body information. I played with changing the color, but couldn't get it to stick - it showed the new color in FB, but was still pink when doing a preview. I then clicked the reset button and now have no color, which works fine. However, I now cannot pull up the screen where I can choose a body color.

Dee
User 2686783 Photo

84 posts

I just figured it out. I just need to go to Actions > Select > Body. Then I can change the body color.

Dee
User 379556 Photo

1,533 posts

Thanks for that, Dee.

Although the procedure I mentioned works for me, the way shown in your last post is clearly better. Right-clicking on any element also gives a drop-down menu including 'Select', and one can choose Body there.

Frank

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.