Vertical centering in a container -...

User 2806889 Photo

64 posts

I've got a slide with 2 containers-side by side. One has a picture and the other a header. I'm trying to vertically center the header to the picture. When I set the container to a table and the header to a table-cell and vertical middle, it looks correct in design mode but when publishing the container shrinks to the size of the header and moves it to the very top.

When I set the container as a block and the header as a block with both aligned to vertical-middle, the container is the correct size but I can't get the text to center vertically in the container. What am I doing wrong? Thanks.
User 2806889 Photo

64 posts

User 379556 Photo

1,535 posts

I have done what I think may be wanted by not having two containers, but only one, and setting that as a table. By putting the picture in the container and positioned right and the header in the table positioned left, I set the header as a table cell with a vertical align of middle. The picture thus ensures that the container maintains its height.

Frank
User 2806889 Photo

64 posts

I was able to do exactly what you said. However, I'm trying to preserve the step of both containers. I like the effect of the 2 different containers sliding rather than the text and pic sliding as one.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.