Maybe I'm just not thinking like a...

User 332337 Photo

120 posts

Have a responsive slider - duplicated a slide (slide1), renamed all the ELEMENT - ID's to something unique slide1, slide2, slide3, slide 4, etc. Then when I make a change to the background image for say slide1 - it is updating the background for slide2 (which was the duplicate before changing the name). And vice versa if I change slide 2 back to the image I want for that spot.

Am I just missing something - because it seems like it should work ...

Also I have 2 slides with what looks like the same setting for animation fade in and fade out - but one of the slides just kind of "bangs" in with no attempt at fading. Is there something I need to check?

Thanks
User 332337 Photo

120 posts

Maybe someone could clarify the steps to creating 2 or more slides that would be responsive? I guess I'm a step by step person.

I just tried removing ALL but the first slide - then added a blank slide, renamed the ID of each and tried to change the background image for both slides. NOPE! Still showing the same image on both slides.

I am obviously misunderstanding the terminology or function of the program to make this work properly.
User 2699991 Photo

4,782 posts
Online Now

Hello Mr Spoor
This is definitely something wrong with the app, I got this many many times,almost gave up on it. but I have found a way to do it, very complicated so bear with me, it will take me a little while to write it down
so don't go away
Mastering The Understanding With Hands-On Learning
NEW TO "COFFEECUP SITE DESIGNER" FOUNDATION 6 FRAMEWORK?
STUCK ON SOMETHING?

LEARNING & UNDERSTANDING "THE HOW TO"? THE WHY'S & THE WHEREFORE'S?
WITH WAYAN'S STEP BY STEP TUTORIALS
Contact Me For One To One Assistance
https://alphathemes.coffeecup.com/forms … an%281%29/
User 2699991 Photo

4,782 posts
Online Now

First you open a new project (i work desktop down for this app)

Then you go to settings and edit the slider ID (not sure that is essential but I always do it) and put your own unique name.

then you go back to the design thingy and select "slide" up to you to mess around with the sizes settings etc

create a class and an ID (I always use Id something like cc-1234567890 for the ID.

go to background and add your image (again up to you what the settings are)

Now you need save the project (save as)

Now close the project and re-open it.

Once it is open, go to the slides panel and select either duplicate slide or new slide

If you select new slide then you can enter a class name and Id

If you duplicate the slide delete the class name and put another one. The id should be same as first slide but with (-copy-1) added or something like that now you can go to the background and add a different image to that slide.

check that the first slide still has the original Id and not the one with (copy-1) added. If it has copy-1 added then delete the copy-1, and save your project as a new one (once again)

If the first slide doesn't take the copy-1 on then you can save the project as is again and close and re-open.

now you should be able to add as many more slides as you like without further save or save as keep giving them unique ID etc

I hope that is clear enough and understandable, I have raised a support ticket about this ages ago but nothing happened

Good luck,

If you really get stuck you can always e-mail me (address on my profile, and I will try send you something more visual as to the process

Cheers

Wayan
STUCK ON SOMETHING?

User 332337 Photo

120 posts

Wayan,

Thank you - makes sense, now to apply it to a slide I have received, but want to make changes to.

Have you experienced any workarounds for the images to fade in / fade out? I have a slide that even with that animation applied it sort of "pops" on with no fade being applied.

Again thanks - working on this now, should have some feedback shortly.
User 2699991 Photo

4,782 posts
Online Now

K Spoor wrote:
Wayan,

Thank you - makes sense, now to apply it to a slide I have received, but want to make changes to.

Have you experienced any workarounds for the images to fade in / fade out? I have a slide that even with that animation applied it sort of "pops" on with no fade being applied.

Again thanks - working on this now, should have some feedback shortly.

What are your settings for the animation for fade in & out (delay & duration) ? i usually use the smooth transition for that effect as being the closest effect they have at the moment on the app to an actual crossover.
STUCK ON SOMETHING?

User 332337 Photo

120 posts

Wayan,

Thank you for your feedback - unfortunately I am trying to "add" a slide to an existing file and struggling to "not start over". I am opening a ticket directly to ask my questions.

For the animation - I see that there is a spot per slide and for the entire slideshow - I am using fade in & fade out 5 second delay - but for some reason 1 of the slides is not fading rather "popping" into view. This too I will try to get an answer... and I will share back on this thread once I get the "fix" figured out.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.