LOOPING or CLICKING - Post ID 262511

User 2393299 Photo

62 posts

I want to do sliding show upon loading which is easy. But what I want to do after the first cycle is finished is to go to first slide and than each time you click on surface of the next slide would appear. That way anyone can stay on each slide as long as they want.

I could not figure out how to do that.
User 2699991 Photo

4,782 posts

Hi, I don't think that is possible exactly the way you want (looping for 1 cycle, then manually change slides), but it is possible to have it looping (amount of time slide is displayed set to whatever time scale you want, with a link button pointing to the id of the next slide you want to show, text something like NEXT>>, if you set the loop timing long enough for visitors to read, they can click next, or the slide will go to the next one automatically.

an example thorgarage.com then click on the ENGLISH button link,

Hope that helps a little bit to achieving what you want

Wayan

Mastering The Understanding With Hands-On Learning
NEW TO "COFFEECUP SITE DESIGNER" FOUNDATION 6 FRAMEWORK?
STUCK ON SOMETHING?

LEARNING & UNDERSTANDING "THE HOW TO"? THE WHY'S & THE WHEREFORE'S?
WITH WAYAN'S STEP BY STEP TUTORIALS
Contact Me For One To One Assistance
https://alphathemes.coffeecup.com/forms … an%281%29/
User 2699991 Photo

4,782 posts

Sorry forgot to mention that you can of course set the slide show to just loop one time, whichafter that will stop the slideshow but still needs the link button/picture to allow a manual move to next slide.

The slide doesn't have the link facility, so you would have to include a button or picture link, which is probably visually better for your visitors anyway, as it keeps it clear as to what the link (and where the link) is for)

Mastering The Understanding With Hands-On Learning
NEW TO "COFFEECUP SITE DESIGNER" FOUNDATION 6 FRAMEWORK?
STUCK ON SOMETHING?

LEARNING & UNDERSTANDING "THE HOW TO"? THE WHY'S & THE WHEREFORE'S?
WITH WAYAN'S STEP BY STEP TUTORIALS
Contact Me For One To One Assistance
https://alphathemes.coffeecup.com/forms … an%281%29/

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.