Inserting slider into Responsive Site...

User 2077347 Photo

158 posts

Thank you, that worked like a charm!

Can you look at one more thing? Do you see the gaps on either side of the slider once it's brought into RSD? I'd like to either remove those or (ideally) I'd like to extend the picture so there is no need for color on either side. I've tried adjusting the min. width in RCS and increasing the size of the picture but neither seems to work.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/g139x5woa5qzu … 9.rsd?dl=0
User 2484360 Photo

3,293 posts

Kristi wrote:
Thank you, that worked like a charm!

Can you look at one more thing? Do you see the gaps on either side of the slider once it's brought into RSD? I'd like to either remove those or (ideally) I'd like to extend the picture so there is no need for color on either side. I've tried adjusting the min. width in RCS and increasing the size of the picture but neither seems to work.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/g139x5woa5qzu … 9.rsd?dl=0

Try removing the 8px padding on the column that holds the slider.
User 2077347 Photo

158 posts

Didn't change. :-(
User 2484360 Photo

3,293 posts

Kristi wrote:
Didn't change. :-(

Ok, took a look at the files. :P

This is because your images are not wide enough. The images you are using are 1024 in width. The space you have to fill is 1200px.

You could apply these images to the slide background and set them to cover which would give you what you are after. But if you have the original images larger then 1200px, I would recommend using those.
User 2077347 Photo

158 posts

Adam,

Thank you for taking the time to walk me through this, I really appreciate it!

Unfortunately, I don't have the larger images. Only what was sent to me.

So, I tried your suggestion but is there a way to make the background change with the slide? Since there are different images in the slide, I would like the different images in the background. Does that make sense?
User 2484360 Photo

3,293 posts

Kristi wrote:
Adam,

Thank you for taking the time to walk me through this, I really appreciate it!

Unfortunately, I don't have the larger images. Only what was sent to me.

So, I tried your suggestion but is there a way to make the background change with the slide? Since there are different images in the slide, I would like the different images in the background. Does that make sense?

There is, you would need to apply the background to an ID so each slide would have its own ID.

Slide-1 would be bg-one
Slide-2 would be bg-two
Slide-3 would be bg-three

You can learn more about the ID selector here http://www.coffeecup.com/help/articles/ … ut-design/
User 2077347 Photo

158 posts

Ugh, I completely understand the theory here but am not executing it. I've gotten the backgrounds in the slides BUT, two issues:
1. It's stuck to the left side of the page (and it seems like part of it is hidden). I've tried adjusting all the position features but it isn't changing enough.
2. When I preview it, the transitions show the previous slides.

I tried starting from scratch to get around #2 but the slide is still off to the right.

GAH! :mad:

Attachments:
User 2077347 Photo

158 posts

I'm still having issues with this. :( I decided to just insert the picture into RSD, and not use RCS. Well, when I did that, the picture spanned the whole width I'm looking for? So, why is it not showing up with the full width in RCS? I would still like to use RCS but I can't seem to get past this issue.

Thank you in advance!
User 2623310 Photo

Ambassador
282 posts

Hi Kristi,

Can you post your RCS file? I will take a look at it for you.:)
User 2077347 Photo

158 posts

Thanks Scott. I can't upload it here so I've added to dropbox:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/83qa4qgpnitx … 4v2Ja?dl=0

There are two RCS files, one that I originally did and then another that I tried to do the background change in.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.