Having both auto play and manual play...

User 2699991 Photo

4,782 posts
Online Now

Hi Folks From Sunny Bali
Quick Question
Is it possible to have a slider whereby it will work both on auto play and with the manual controls (therefore giving the user the choice to move the slide on before it automatically does so,, I have tried and tried but either am missing something or it isn't possible

any help appreciated

Thanks

Wayan
Mastering The Understanding With Hands-On Learning
NEW TO "COFFEECUP SITE DESIGNER" FOUNDATION 6 FRAMEWORK?
STUCK ON SOMETHING?

LEARNING & UNDERSTANDING "THE HOW TO"? THE WHY'S & THE WHEREFORE'S?
WITH WAYAN'S STEP BY STEP TUTORIALS
Contact Me For One To One Assistance
https://alphathemes.coffeecup.com/forms … an%281%29/
User 244626 Photo

811 posts

Wayan Jaya wrote:
Hi Folks From Sunny Bali
Quick Question
Is it possible to have a slider whereby it will work both on auto play and with the manual controls (therefore giving the user the choice to move the slide on before it automatically does so,, I have tried and tried but either am missing something or it isn't possible

any help appreciated

Thanks

Wayan

I know in Foundation Framer you can do that with the Orbit Slider. Set data-auto-play to "true". RCS I do not think so as if I remember correct forward or back stops auto-play ?
Bootstrap 5 CSS Grid.
User 244626 Photo

811 posts

Hmmn....just tried it in RCS and set autoplay with checkmark, added forward and back and it works ok. Did not use the autoplay button. (I was probably thinking of the resume button that does not work correct.)
Bootstrap 5 CSS Grid.
User 2699991 Photo

4,782 posts
Online Now

Twinstream wrote:
Hmmn....just tried it in RCS and set autoplay with checkmark, added forward and back and it works ok. Did not use the autoplay button. (I was probably thinking of the resume button that does not work correct.)

Thanks Twinstream,, I also tried with the forward/back buttons before but it didn't seem to work,, I will try try try again,, maybe I did something not right,,,, I need to replace the orbit slider in the page,, it has made my RSD got T*T's up so many times it's not funny anymore, and it's pretty awful thing anyway, especially as the client wants text & action buttons overlaid.

Thanks again I will keep trying as long as I know someone has & can do it,, then I should be able to also.
Mastering The Understanding With Hands-On Learning
NEW TO "COFFEECUP SITE DESIGNER" FOUNDATION 6 FRAMEWORK?
STUCK ON SOMETHING?

LEARNING & UNDERSTANDING "THE HOW TO"? THE WHY'S & THE WHEREFORE'S?
WITH WAYAN'S STEP BY STEP TUTORIALS
Contact Me For One To One Assistance
https://alphathemes.coffeecup.com/forms … an%281%29/
User 244626 Photo

811 posts

I used the theme "The Mugs" as a test. Check marked autoplay first.
Bootstrap 5 CSS Grid.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.