Windows 7 Compatibility: We Got It. -...

User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Dave Thompson wrote:
I have been using 7 for a while now and it is very good. Mind you, when I claimed in my weekly newspaper column that I considered Vista, when properly set up, an excellent system, I did get a lot of flak. Windows 7 is greener, faster, lighter and just all-round better. I had to reinstall the editor and a few other programmes after the upgrade but all is good now.

Dave.

Is your weekly column online anywhere?
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 427108 Photo

292 posts

I can bribe Scott and crew to re-write the entire CC Suite for me using the Linux platform :P Then life will be good again.

I'm a Windows user but I was very mad when they start changing the learning curve. it means, with Vista and Office 2007 they made so deep changes my job productivity decreased a lot. At home I have 3 laptops and 2 desktops, I'm not an expert but I'm not a newbie. If CC makes a Linux version I will try and probably made a complete conversion. I installed Ubuntu in one of my desktop and liked a lot but.... all my software is win32 (CoffeeCup Software and the old Pixmantec Raw Shooter what i love, photo process).

With Windows 7 I'm hesitating, really bothers me to pay MS because they fail with Vista... but I'm hesitating..... :)
Jimmy The Sailor
http://www.jimmythesailor.net (trying to show my photos)
http://www.art-i-batik.com (my wife's gallery)
User 232052 Photo

2 posts

Dave Thompson wrote:
I have been using 7 for a while now and it is very good. Mind you, when I claimed in my weekly newspaper column that I considered Vista, when properly set up, an excellent system, I did get a lot of flak. Windows 7 is greener, faster, lighter and just all-round better. I had to reinstall the editor and a few other programmes after the upgrade but all is good now.

Dave.

Dave, just for the sake of clarification, Windows 7 is after Vista, right?
Haj
User 232052 Photo

2 posts

I do a lot of web design work and have not noticed any compatibility issues with windows.
User 17501 Photo

Ambassador
10 posts

I've had Win 7 for a week now. Nice to see they changed the "Blue" screen to a "Grey" screen. :/
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

You've had it for a whole 7 days and already crashed it to the "grey" screen? :|
User 1875922 Photo

48 posts

Dave Thompson wrote:

Dave.

I also praised Vista when first released saying that on the right machine it was an improvement. The trouble is that over time with the addition of service packs it progressively got slower and clunkier. People have not let me forget those early remarks and I now feel it was MS modern ME clone. I agree Win 7 is a lot better, but more reserved about what I say until they add some service packs, would not like to sing its praises and see it go down the Vista path :D

It is indeed much slicker then Vista though and all of CC software and many other software items that did not run on Vista run fine on Win 7.

Cheers
Jeff
--
Jeff Wilson

61 409801950 jeff@bizzdesign.com.au
User 17501 Photo

Ambassador
10 posts

Wolverana wrote:
You've had it for a whole 7 days and already crashed it to the "grey" screen? :|

I think the "grey" screens might be caused by CuteFTP. I'm going to try CoffeCup's FTP program. So far no problems with any of my CoffeCup programs. :)
User 2209775 Photo

108 posts

OK slap me silly because I didn't look around but .... does CC software work on Mac's?

I just read this whole thread and this is one more nail in the IBM compatible machine for me.

I'm waiting until my tax return next year and I am going out and gettin' me a Mac.

I'm just so sick of the BS with an IBM machine and the viruses, security holes and other nonsense that goes along with it.

Everyone I know who has a Mac has never complained. I figure by now if I'm going to have to learn yet another OS since they are not supporting anything older than Vista - I might as well learn one on a great machine instead.
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Twitchin Kitten wrote:
OK slap me silly because I didn't look around but .... does CC software work on Mac's?

I just read this whole thread and this is one more nail in the IBM compatible machine for me.

I'm waiting until my tax return next year and I am going out and gettin' me a Mac.

I'm just so sick of the BS with an IBM machine and the viruses, security holes and other nonsense that goes along with it.

Everyone I know who has a Mac has never complained. I figure by now if I'm going to have to learn yet another OS since they are not supporting anything older than Vista - I might as well learn one on a great machine instead.

Sorry, but no Mac support yet. However it is something we are working on and hope to have a few titles converted next year.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.