Windows 7 Compatibility: We Got It. -...

User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Well, today's the big day: All 127 versions of Windows 7 were officially released.

Haha, just kidding. There aren't really 127 versions, but there are a lot. When I was at the store today trying to pick out the version I wanted, it was like trying to order from the McDonalds value menu :)

The good news is, we have fully tested all of our software under Windows 7 and can now officially say that our software is fully compatible. HOORAY! At this time we are still only supporting the 32-bit versions of XP, Vista and Windows 7, but I have already heard from many users that they have no problems using the 64-bit versions of these operating systems.

If you aren't sure if you are using the latest versions of our software, please head over to https://www.coffeecup.com/help/myorders/ and download any upgrades you may need.

Enjoy!

Scott
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 1995300 Photo

31 posts

FWIW, I use Vista Ultimate 64bit and have zero issues! Love HTML Editor and I am sure when I go Windows 7 that will run your software as well without issue.

And Congratulations on the compatibility!!!
User 629005 Photo

Ambassador
2,174 posts

Well go figure, the local Wally World didn't have it on the shelf today. And when I asked the electronics sales supervisor, the response I got was "Windows what?" When I explained a bit more, "OHHhh! You have to buy a computer to get WIndows." So I took them around the aisle where the software is, and showed the Windows Vista on the shelf... I got a "lost in space" look. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
Living the dream, stocking the cream :D
User 148353 Photo

Ambassador
808 posts

Phil,

That is really funny! Maybe not when you were trying to buy it, but still it IS funny!
"Time heals everything. Know who said that? My Latin teacher at barber college!"
- Floyd Lawson

Widoktadwat - "Plays Well With Others"

User 2641572 Photo

1,245 posts

One day someone might explain why we even need Windows 7.0 ?? Surely Mr Gates has enough money for the personality implant by now. :)

I use XP Pro. It allows me to surf the net, play dvd's, listen to music, work with advanced cad/cam technology, communicate with people all over the world plus masses more.

Having read the blurb on the Microsoft site, I haven't quite figured out what Windows 7.0 does to radically change all of that? Apart from probably making many of the peripheral devices out there incompatible. :rolleyes:
User 1886497 Photo

148 posts

I love windows 7 its a breath of fresh air since vista.

It acually fixes a lot of bugs which they messed up on vista.

A lot of devices are now compatible and games and software I used to use on '98 and 2000 now work on Windows 7. They have made there U-turn and I think vista will go down as being the worst operating system ever, rather than Windows Me.
Karl Williams.
www.karlwilliams.co.uk
User 2641572 Photo

1,245 posts

StylingTheWay wrote:
It acually fixes a lot of bugs which they messed up on vista.

A lot of devices are now compatible and games and software I used to use on '98 and 2000 now work on Windows 7
Good to see someone at Microsoft has an element of common sense. :)

One large mail order business I know installed Vista when it first came out, then discovered in the afternoon they couldn't print out the address labels, or scan the packages as the devices were incompatible with Vista, with no updated drivers available. They had to revert back to Windows 2000, which they still use.

Windows 7 is certainly popular with the pirates, they must have worked through the night to get it up there so quickly. :(
User 1995300 Photo

31 posts

Never had a problem with any windows Operating systems. Guess I am lucky or I work around things because I have computers in my blood and it does not bother me.

In any case, I am looking forward to 7 mainly for the memory enhancements and nothing else.
User 3004957 Photo

846 posts

I have been using 7 for a while now and it is very good. Mind you, when I claimed in my weekly newspaper column that I considered Vista, when properly set up, an excellent system, I did get a lot of flak. Windows 7 is greener, faster, lighter and just all-round better. I had to reinstall the editor and a few other programmes after the upgrade but all is good now.

Dave.
User 629005 Photo

Ambassador
2,174 posts

I'm with you, I actually think Vista is fine (for a MS Product)... When set up properly it works very well.

When you say 'green' I'm guessing that you are talking 'environmentally'? I will admit, I don't really worry about that when we talk computers... I am an old Electronics Tech that believes that the components inside prefer to be run constantly with the "local environment" being as stable as possible (temp/humidity/etc...) I'm sure I'll catch flak for that :D:rolleyes:

I'd kind of like to give W7 a try (although I rather prefer Ubuntu Linux) just because I know I will need to keep a Windows system. Of course, when I win the Powerball one of these days, I can bribe Scott and crew to re-write the entire CC Suite for me using the Linux platform :P Then life will be good again.
Living the dream, stocking the cream :D

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.