Sneak Peek at the New CoffeeCup HTML...

User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Hey everybody!

As summer draws to a close, we couldn’t think of a better way to end the season then with an upgrade to the HTML Editor. We’re releasing a pretty big update very soon that’s packed with all sorts of new goodies. If you’re interested in a sneak preview, check out this post on our forums:

[Dead Link Removed]

Give it a read and let us know what you think!

Thanks a lot,

The CoffeeCup Team
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 147665 Photo

Ambassador
712 posts

the new features sound really neat! I know this may be stupid and insignificant, but I do miss the old CoffeeCup desktop icons! Maybe you could talk real nice to the software guys to bring all those neat icons back. The argument may be brand recognition. A guy with a hard hat just doesn't say CoffeeCup.
I will go back to my cave now, Thanks for all the constant improvements!
edit: i think i posted this in the wrong place, sorry, remove it if you want...

User 1935511 Photo

46 posts

I noticed that there is no WYSIWYG tab. Will the release version have a Visual Editor with the table tool, etc?

Is the CSS menu susposed to work in preview mode? All I get for menu items is blue links. The source shows no reference to the CSS menu.

I just purchased a Coffeecup "Developer Pack" just over a month ago. I downloaded and installed the pre-release version of the HTML Editor. I am getting a nag bar and a countdown window when I exit. What will the upgrade cost?
User 582487 Photo

1 post

Let's cut to the chase...what's the upgrade price??
Toolie
jlg@tooliedotterpress.com
User 476017 Photo

Ambassador
375 posts

I too wondered where is the WYSIWYG tab.
I found that it is a switchable option.
Go to the preferences tab and here you can switch on visual editor.
Dave Butler
Yorkshire
England

Old Rishworthians Rugby Union Football club http://www.orrufc.co.uk
Tuxedo Junction Yorkshire Function Band http://www.riley-tuxedojunction.co.uk
The Commons Guest House http://www.thecommons-guesthouse.co.uk
all created with Coffee Cup html editor
User 484627 Photo

3 posts

"Hallo" from Germany!
>über-cool< is a mind-blowing neologism, even for me :-) Hope you will get your brutal-good version shipping soon.
One thing I would love to have in the future is a picture/image/icon organizer that is able to deal with NTFS's Hard Links. I mean, it is very nice to have some kind of organizer built in - but duplicating the same icons, images & pictures from one project's folder into the next one repeatedly makes not much sense to me. You know, I would like to have both options: Sometimes I need a real copy of some image coz I have to modify it; but for many other graphic objects, I do want a Hard Link copy instead. Only these kind of pseudo files ensure all modifications I make in a single place will be visible everywhere instantly. This is only the beginning of the story - think about using hard-linked file copies for code snippets as well. What a time saver if you are re-using them in many, many projects all over the place :-)
You cannot add more days to your life, but more life to your days!
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Jocelyn Garner wrote:
Let's cut to the chase...what's the upgrade price??

The upgrade price is going to be pretty expensive. It will cost you around $0.00 ;)
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 102603 Photo

11 posts

Has the Table Editor been improved I found it pretty "crappy and basic" compared with the excellent ACE HTML Editor version?
User 102603 Photo

11 posts

Well I stand corrected, I've just downloaded the Beta version and the Table Editor looks pretty "nifftie". Will have to re-align myself to Coffe Cup and drop Ace even for its bugs which have never been sorted!!! Ian
User 198982 Photo

14 posts

When approximately will this be available for registered users? The ads are going to drive me nuts lol!!

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.