Suggestions for LockBox - Post ID 261527

User 2463877 Photo

6 posts

That would be fine were all sites and computers running 6.0 A number of them will be still using 5, however, which is why I would like to keep the pwk file updated.
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Robert Carter wrote:
That would be fine were all sites and computers running 6.0 A number of them will be still using 5, however, which is why I would like to keep the pwk file updated.

Why Robert? For $1.11, why not upgrade them all? :)

Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 2463877 Photo

6 posts

Because I don't have that level of control over all my clients' and family's and unit members' systems. 7 clients, 5 families, 4 units (from 7 to 55 members each.)

User 2088758 Photo

Senior Advisor
3,086 posts

Hi Robert, are you saying you gave your upgrade to all those people?
Taking over the world one website at a time!

Steve Kolish
www.misterwebguy.com

YouTube Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCL8qVv … ttneYaMSJA
User 2463877 Photo

6 posts

NO. If I had violated copyright and ownership rules, they would all have a copy and I would NOT have to contend with some of them using 5 and others using 6. It took me a long time to get all of them to get up to version 5.
The people and groups I am assisting want to have a common data list of certain passwords and other data. that goes into one pwk database. Each of them also has the standard database for personal information that is not shared. I have the responsibility to keep the master database of the shared data up to date and distributed.
I have NOT shared my personal copy of LockBox with anybody, including my own traveling computer nor my wife. Those I can control by upgrading each of them to version 6. One of my groups has members from US to Australia, with Moscow and South Africa among the global members. That makes it just a little difficult to step into their computer room and bring them up to date.
Once again, I have violated NO copyright nor ownership rules.
User 2088758 Photo

Senior Advisor
3,086 posts

So you sent them the upgraded file? They should really all upgrade for a 1.11 if they want to use the program.

Steve Kolish
www.misterwebguy.com

YouTube Channel:
User 2463877 Photo

6 posts

You don't seem to understand. I have sent them NOTHING since I upgraded to 6. I would like to meet next week's schedule with the new DATABASE of information, without having to spend a lot of effort taking the updates from the clb file and transporting them one-by-one to the pwk file. I was just hoping you might have a suggestion to assist me.
Instead you appear to have jumped onto the theory that we are breaking laws and ownership agreements merely because we are all using your software AND in contact with each other.
I will not bother you further with this question. It is only my time and effort, after all. Not something you need to be concerned about.
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Robert Carter wrote:
Because I don't have that level of control over all my clients' and family's and unit members' systems. 7 clients, 5 families, 4 units (from 7 to 55 members each.)

If you are going to use a mixture of versions (5 and 6), the only option is the CSV file. If you all stay with v5 (or v6), you can use export to a Shared LockBox file which is easier than the CSV route, but you all need to be on the same version for that process to work.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 2088758 Photo

Senior Advisor
3,086 posts

The simple solution / suggestion I would make to you that would be supper easy and fast would be to send a quick email to all involved with the link to the upgrade and support Coffecup and the endless hours they put into updates like this.

Just a note, I do not work for coffeecup. I am just a volunteer that likes to give back to the community and help support a company I believe is doing great things for us.

Please don't get me wrong I am not accusing you of anything. Just trying to to do my part in support of such an awesome company. If we can't pay for a update that costs us literally a dollar and change....

Anyway I digress.... I believe that you know what's right and what's the easy solution here. So I will say nothing more.

Steve Kolish
www.misterwebguy.com

YouTube Channel:
User 2463877 Photo

6 posts

Thank you, Scott.
Steve, stop and think for a minute. Calculate roughly in your head how many of my people and units are now running a version of LockBox. Then think about how many of those copies were bought because I recommended that LockBox from CoffeeCup should be our common security software.
Then come back and tell me how I should really put some effort into supporting CoffeeCup and the myriad people working there.
You accused me three times of distributing without license and refused to accept my denial. You then denied saying what you said in your posts and pressured me to have all these people upgrade instantly.
Were you and I on the same team, one of us might actually sell some software.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.