Lockbox & Win 7 - Post ID 134511

User 1838367 Photo

2 posts

I downloaded the trial version & when I click to install I get an error stating that the installation file is not a valid win 32 application.

Lisa
User 562592 Photo

2,038 posts

This means that you got a bad download. If you redownload the software it should fix the problem.
The philosopher has not done philosophy until he has acted upon the mere conviction of his idea; for proof of the theory is in the act, not the idea.

My Web Development Company: http://www.innovatewebdevelopment.com (Created with Coffee Cup Software).

My Personal Website: http://www.EricSEnglish.com

User 1838367 Photo

2 posts

Thank you. Works fine.

Lisa
User 179458 Photo

7 posts

I upgraded to Windows 7 and installed Lockbox. The content in the window is hidden by the window borders. Is there a way to make it expand? When I make the box larger, the content still hides under the border. I used the tab and hit "enter" to save the data but it's mildly frustrating I can not see the full content. Is it a setting I can change?

Thank you
Attachments:
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Looks like you are using custom DPI settings. Change your display back to 96DPI and it will fix that.

Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 179458 Photo

7 posts

Scott,
thank you for your assistance. Let's forget that I know how to use a computer and would know how to change from what DPI I have set, how would I change it back to 96DPI?

I can change resolution screen size, hertz and color depth but I can not find where I change the DPI.

Thank you.
User 2144239 Photo

0 posts

For Windows 7
Go to your Desktop, right-click it, and select Personalize. Select Display, located in the lower left-hand corner of the window. Then select Set Custom Text Size (DPI). This displays the DPI setting. If it is set to Large/120 DPI (125%), set it to Normal/96 DPI (100%).

Additionally, some Windows 7 themes change the default fonts to a nonstandard one, causing the issue described here. Change your theme back to the standard Windows 7 theme and see if that helps.

Let us know if this solves the problem. If not, feel free to get back in touch!

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.