File Associations change forced by...

User 2385998 Photo

62 posts

I have just performed a back-up of my Lockbox database and, I assume, that the back-up worked well.

What didn't work as anticipated is that Lockbox then decided, without asking me, to change my default application for my .cls files. I have been using .cls files happily as class modules for my own coding for years and then, with no warning or anything, Lockbox suddenly decides it knows better than I.

Shouldn't the application warn or ask the user if you want to ride rough-shot over the user's machine first?

Malc
Pam: "I wonder what my name means in Welsh"
Nessa: "Why?"
User 2385998 Photo

62 posts

I am somewhat concerned about the lack of response here to my comment.

Have Coffee Cup nothing to say on the matter?

If this is a product which they are going to stop supporting then please can you let us know so that we're not going to be locked in (excuse the pun) to a vital application which is no longer supported?

I am constantly getting eMails from CC for the Responsive Site Editor as if that's the only product that they're interesting in developing and supporting. I have been recommending CC's applications to no end of people and I am now starting to wonder if it's time that I should stop.

Could someone from CC please comment on the status of support for this application? We were promised, a long while ago, updates to how data can be viewed but that was years ago and nothing seems to have been done.

Any chance on some feedback, please?

Malc
User 379556 Photo

1,535 posts

If this remains a problem, I would be inclined to address the matter directly to the CoffeeCup team in 'Your Support Room'.

I use Windows 10, and have been frustrated at such things happening (usually following a Windows update) as a result of the operating system and not of the program itself. This has never happened to me with CoffeeCup software, but with various other software programs. I restore matters to the way I want by right-clicking on the Windows Start button, selecting 'Apps and Features', typing 'file type' in the 'Find a Setting' box (towards the top left), and selecting the one result that appears (Choose default applications by file type). I have also sometimes done it via the 'Open with' right-click option in Windows Explorer.

Frank
User 2385998 Photo

62 posts

Well, it's done it again.

A brand new installation of Lockbox on a brand new machine and it's stolen the association.

I've posted this here a year ago and yet CoffeeCup haven't even acknowledged the issue.
User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,450 posts
Online Now

I have sent a 'wake-up call' about this to CC. Hopefully you get a reply soon.
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:
Components for Site Designer and the HTML Editor: https://mock-up.coffeecup.com

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.