Replacing image while still keeping...

User 1924276 Photo

Trial User
9 posts

I am mapping an image that will need to get updates as things change. Could I replace the image, keep the original image mapping and just update the new part of the image?

Marcia
User 2733 Photo

Ambassador
426 posts

Yes, this is possible.
Let's not get all hurt.
User 1924276 Photo

Trial User
9 posts

great, is there anything I have to set up for this to work? Do I just update the image with the same name?
User 282670 Photo

3,940 posts

Well if the new image is saved with the same name, just replace the image on your server, however if your going to be adding a hotspot to the new area you will need to use imagemapper again to add it and reupload. Is this what you meant?:|

User 1924276 Photo

Trial User
9 posts

That is exactly what I meant...and that was exactly what I was hoping to be able to do. The new redesign of the website is going to have an image as the home page. They want the image texts to have clickable links but making tables and to have those tables stay in the correct positions across browsers is beyond my abilities! I'm still not sure whether this is the best way either, image mapping, because when you hover or click the hotspots, there is no change in color or anything, but for now, it will do!

Thanks so much for the quick responses.
User 282670 Photo

3,940 posts

You might also want to check out firestarter for this, as another option, again it may be alot of work but can be done. Maybe you could just have the mouseover state "the page and click here" if there is a small tool tip then I wouldn'tthink it would need to have a color change ( IMO)
Please let us know how it works out for you.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.