Help with image mapper - Post ID 24524

User 112515 Photo

4 posts

I love the coffeecup software but I am getting totally frustrated with image mapper. I am using an image from my webpage and after I have done creating a new map on the image and placed all the information in the html document and view the page there is a border that shifts the next image out of whack. What am I doing wrong????? :(
User 6573 Photo

Ambassador
2,649 posts

Patricia Burton wrote:
I love the coffeecup software but I am getting totally frustrated with image mapper. I am using an image from my webpage and after I have done creating a new map on the image and placed all the information in the html document and view the page there is a border that shifts the next image out of whack. What am I doing wrong????? :(

What is the URL to the page - I like to look at it and see if I can help you. What editor are you saving the html document in?

Kim

User 112515 Photo

4 posts

Thank Kim, Here is the url to my site http://www.user.dccnet.com/jburton/38th … index.html
I am using coffee cup 2006 as my editor.

Patricia
User 6573 Photo

Ambassador
2,649 posts

Oh this is going to sound crazy... Why it does this I am not sure. But I pulled your code off your page and plugged it in the editor. It is your tables and the spacing between the images that is creating the problem, not your image mapper. I have uploaded the page to:

www.cornerstoneranch.com/coffeecuphelp/38th.html

I will leave it there for a few days. You should be able to view the source of that page, copy and paste and copy over your current page and use that as a template for the other pages.

Notice I have removed all spaces between each image with no returns - just one big line. Now the editor might want to put those back.

The best way of correcting this would be to create a graphic 760 wide by 195 high and have it all as one graphic and then map on your links and save the image as a whole. It be lot cleaner and it would also be easier to make changes in the future. If you have any problems let me know. I hope that helps you out. Have a great Easter weekend,
Kim :)

User 4539 Photo

540 posts

Kim, on this forum, I see only one horsie and no person on your avatar. So maybe this is the different server that Eskil was talking about! --- Howard
Howard
Mostly just lurking these days ...
User 6573 Photo

Ambassador
2,649 posts

Howard Yamaguchi wrote:
Kim, on this forum, I see only one horsie and no person on your avatar. So maybe this is the different server that Eskil was talking about! --- Howard

Yeah I am wondering if that is it - thou I see it swap around on the other forum. Computers they can drive you crazy, give you bad eye sight and make you go bald from pulling your hair out. HEEEEE.......

User 4539 Photo

540 posts

You got that right! :D
Howard
Mostly just lurking these days ...
User 117361 Photo

Ambassador
6,076 posts

Patricia Burton wrote:

Either you have put everything right since this post..........or else it put itself right!!!

Anyway, you have to be careful that your main table actually reflects the site of the image map table, and that you have no cell padding or spacing since the maps are ususally inside lots of cells. A bit of padding will send that out of sync.........
Ciao
Janys
User 6573 Photo

Ambassador
2,649 posts

JANYS HYDE wrote:
Patricia Burton wrote:

Either you have put everything right since this post..........or else it put itself right!!!

Anyway, you have to be careful that your main table actually reflects the site of the image map table, and that you have no cell padding or spacing since the maps are ususally inside lots of cells. A bit of padding will send that out of sync.........
Ciao
Janys

Hi Janys,

I looked at Patricia's html and she had the tables all set up right and cellpadding and spacing to 0. It turned out to be in the cc editor (which is very strange). She had cut the picture up in pieces and was using the table to put back. But the way the editor was wrapping the code it somehow would get spaces in it. Even if you did not enter any. I tested it on mine and it did the same thing - I just ran all the images in a cell as one long line and saved and it worked. Very strange - this is a first time I have had this happen. I have done this in the pass and even put an return off my keyboard so I could see the code more clear and never had it happen like this. Computers sure have a mind of their own don't they.

Hope your having a great day,

Kim

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.