Why can't sign in and get software...

User 32440 Photo

4 posts

I can't sign into my account with a new Windows 10 computer...that I want to download my HTML editor to.

I can sign in fine and download the software from my old Windows 7 OS.

So why won't CC recognize my account with the new Windows 10 computer...using the same PW and email?

Thanks, Bill
User 2484360 Photo

3,293 posts

Hey Bill,

Operating System would not matter when signing on. I am going to guess that your password is automatically input on your Windows 7 machine?

If so, I can reset the password to your account so you can then login or you can do it via https://www.coffeecup.com/login/forgotPassword/

User 32440 Photo

4 posts

That is the mystery. I can put the same user/PW combo in Windows 7 and everything is fine. When I do it in Win 10 it says something like "can't sign in with that PW combination." I'm paraphrasing because it says after multiple attempts I can get locked out.

I then signed up for a new account on the Win 10 computer using the same user/PW combo. Never received an email.

I have a PW manager program, Keepass, that I use on both computers, so I'm sure I'm using the correct user/PW.

I did try getting my PW reset and the Windows 10 computer said it was an incorrect email address.

Ideas?
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Did you try a different browser? It sounds like cookies are disabled under Windows 10 with the browser you are using.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 32440 Photo

4 posts

Thanks I'm using FF on both computers and just tried IE on Windows 10...I could sign in.

FF settings are the same on both computers, so what can I do to get FF on Windows 10 to work properly on the CC site?
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

W. Jones wrote:
Thanks I'm using FF on both computers and just tried IE on Windows 10...I could sign in.

FF settings are the same on both computers, so what can I do to get FF on Windows 10 to work properly on the CC site?

Check your browser settings. Sounds like cookies are getting blocked.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 32440 Photo

4 posts

The settings are the same. I'll play around and see if I can resolve it. However since I can use IE on the Windows 10, I'll use that as a workaround until I figure things out.

Thanks a lot for your help.

LAter, Bill

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.