What are the pros and cons of using...

User 379556 Photo

1,535 posts

CoffeeCup is a software company that produces various programs. Some people talk as though CoffeeCup were a program, but that is not correct.

The two programs mentioned are Site Designer and The HTML Editor. I suggest that you download and use the trial editions of the programs. That will give you a much clearer idea of what the programs do and whether they will be useful for you.

Frank
User 379556 Photo

1,535 posts

I use a lot of paid-for software and, like you, try to find good reviews. Sometimes such reviews can be somewhat out of date, and I therefore think it worthwhile to mention the following.

The HTML Editor does support JavaScript and PHP.

The HTML Editor program does come with several pre-built designs for users to start from. They're in the Template/Layout Chooser.

That, like all HTML editors, CoffeeCup's The HTML Editor needs some knowledge of HTML does indeed suggest that Site Designer is the better option for those who wish to start with no knowledge of HTML.

The HTML Editor and Site Designer can, of course, be used on laptops. I find it difficult to imagine attempting coding or website designing on other mobile devices.

As this forum is about CoffeeCup's software and is provided by CoffeeCup, this is, in my view, not the place for comparisons with similar software of other companies. I therefore fully endorse the suggestion that people use CoffeeCup's trial software, as they will then be able to make their own comparisons. I would also suggest that they sign up for CoffeeCup's newsletters to get information about special offers when they arise.

Frank

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.