Wasting valuable time - Post ID 4367

User 2733 Photo

Ambassador
426 posts

My money's on a memory issue. Sticks go bad all the time and this sounds like one of the top three symptoms; ghosting, freezing, crashing.
Let's not get all hurt.
User 422506 Photo

1 post

I'm seeing some of the same issues with freezing as well. Although the freezing doesnt take place when saving the file, but instead when I am editing a link. I can't edit any links within my html editor because the whole computer will lock up. I know its not a computer issue... P4 2.4 ghz 1 gig of ram... only see issue when in CC HTML editor when updating a link. :o(
User 355448 Photo

Ambassador
3,144 posts

mrkeicher,

You may want to click on profile and change your forum name to something other than your email address. No need to leave it posted in a public forum for spammers to see.

What editor are you using? This topic has been about the VSD, and it appears you are talking about the HTML EDITOR 2007? Please start a new topic about your problem and include HTML Editor or Visual Site Designer in the subject. That will be more likely to have someone look at it with an idea of what to do to fix things.
User 433092 Photo

5 posts

Dave Sellers wrote:
My money's on a memory issue. Sticks go bad all the time and this sounds like one of the top three symptoms; ghosting, freezing, crashing.
User 433092 Photo

5 posts

Hi Dave

I suspected that too for a while but since the fault is exclusive to VSD, and since the problem has 'almost' been resovled with the latest 585 release, I'm rather hoping the sticks are ok.

Dave Sellers wrote:
User 132952 Photo

Ambassador
3,120 posts

Be sure to try out the newly-released 5.9 and see if that helps.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.