VSD or HTML Editor - Post ID 1390

User 464893 Photo

Ambassador
1,611 posts

Strange the reason why we are compelled to get known on the internet.

We are all selling something mostly ourselves. Our sites or sites we create for others is a reflection of who we are.

I have another hobby "Painting" it has shown me a deaper aspect of life and I often when I surf try to imagine what the person is like who created the site I am looking at.

When I respond I go to the site surggested by the one I am responding too. Its not often you see a photo of the person, And no I shall not advertise my mug, pretty I ain't.

I type too much

Terry
The Guy from OZ

User 463058 Photo

Ambassador
1,073 posts

Stallen wrote:
I think clients would be happy with a site built with VSD as long as you use the right images and it looks good.

It's important that the client is happy, but it's also important that their clients are happy, and that's where the html code is very important. For a hobby site VSD is fine, but I tried the trial and, as Coffeecup makes clear, it's not going to allow professionals to create the clean, semantic markup that paying customers require (though they probably don't know they require it). Nowhere does it give the user the direct control of the html or CSS that makes this possible.

Stallen wrote:
I am not sure whether its just snobbery or elitism with HTML coding that is the issue here?

My main concerns with trying to use VSD on commercials sites for paying clients would be accessibility and ease of site maintenance when it comes to updating pages or redesigning layouts.

I would recommend taking a look at this free pdf:

Beyond ALT Text: Making the Web Easy to Use for Users With Disabilities
http://www.nngroup.com/reports/accessibility/

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.