Unwanted Black Border or Box - Post...

User 2484360 Photo

3,293 posts

John Liebson wrote:
Adam:

Rats! The one time I failed to also upload a revised image file was, of course, Inger's file, which I no longer have, and hope that he will be kind enough to uploaded it for me again. I have just been so busy trying to fix the problem today that, having revised and uploaded index.html some unknown number of times, each time except what might have been the only important time, uploading both the revised index.html and any revised image files.

Mega Sigh.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. I prefer to read about it during the day, rather than what I do all too often, namely wake up at some strange hour having realized that I had made an error, or failed to do something, or thought of something to add to whatever I was working on earlier.

I added a link to the update image as well. Just go to http://www.coffeecup.com/forums/html-ed … post244100 and click the link I provided and download it, then upload it. :)
User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,447 posts

John Liebson wrote:
Adam:

Rats! The one time I failed to also upload a revised image file was, of course, Inger's file, which I no longer have, and hope that he will be kind enough to uploaded it for me again

It's still there. Go get it!
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:
Components for Site Designer and the HTML Editor: https://mock-up.coffeecup.com

User 207106 Photo

19 posts

Hold on, please: I just went out to the road to get today's mail. In doing that, I remembered that I still have Inger's photo on desktop: I had only deleted it from CoffeeCup.

Rather than changing to work clothes and moving some firewood from the storage stack to the stack near the house, I'm going to make the requisite changes and try Inger's photo.

I shall be back soon, and I hope I will be able to report success.
User 207106 Photo

19 posts

Much Drat: I just moved Inger's photo into CoffeeCup, revised index.html, uploaded both files. No go: Border or whatever it might be is still there. I know that it had to be Inger's image file, as FileZilla asked me if I wanted to replace an older file with one created thi

I need to move on to such fascinating tasks as moving firewood, so I'm going to take a break from this, get some fresh air and do some more history inventing.

Please take this as a threat: I will return to this thread tomorrow, deal more fully with the last few messages and any new ones.
User 2484360 Photo

3,293 posts

John Liebson wrote:
Much Drat: I just moved Inger's photo into CoffeeCup, revised index.html, uploaded both files. No go: Border or whatever it might be is still there. I know that it had to be Inger's image file, as FileZilla asked me if I wanted to replace an older file with one created thi

I need to move on to such fascinating tasks as moving firewood, so I'm going to take a break from this, get some fresh air and do some more history inventing.

Please take this as a threat: I will return to this thread tomorrow, deal more fully with the last few messages and any new ones.

No it is gone. Clear your cache.
User 207106 Photo

19 posts

SUCCESS!

Why it now works, I have no idea, but I am delighted that it does. Having moved a fair amount of heavy fire wood, among other fascinating ways of occupying my day, I decided to make one more try. Having realized that I still had a copy of Inger's revised image of the one that I could never find a border in, I opened the HTML editor and for the second time, copied it into my images folder Before I did that, I remembered to check the properties of Inger's image on the desk top and the one in the editor's image folder; the latter, for reasons unknown, given that I had already copied Inger's image, was of an earlier date.

I copied it once again, checked the properties before inserting it. Seeing that this time I had actually copied Inger's image into the editor, I inserted it into index.html, checked for errors, opened FileZilla, and, yes, remembered to upload both the .html AND the .jpg files.

Expecting success as last, I opened the site in Firefox, kept looking for the border, and could NOT find it. As far as I know, this is in the only time that Paintnet as failed to show me a border, and why I never saw it when viewing the page locally the border never showed, is quite beyond my knowledge. I suppose that, in this one odd case, Paintnet was simply not sophisticated enough a graphics editor; why the photographer also did not see the border is about as inexplicable as my only seeing it on-line.

I am certain that, having a while ago sent a message to the site owner that I was giving up on finding and fixing the problem, I shall write him yet again and I am quite certain that I can on his behalf express his gratitude to all involved here.

To misuse the famous quote from Samuel Pepys, "And so to go collapse on the couch and await the homecoming of m wife and broadcast of the evening TV news, as it is too early to go to bed."

Once again, to everyone, THANK YOU. Nothing more can be said than that.
User 2484360 Photo

3,293 posts

John Liebson wrote:
SUCCESS!

Why it now works, I have no idea, but I am delighted that it does. Having moved a fair amount of heavy fire wood, among other fascinating ways of occupying my day, I decided to make one more try. Having realized that I still had a copy of Inger's revised image of the one that I could never find a border in, I opened the HTML editor and for the second time, copied it into my images folder Before I did that, I remembered to check the properties of Inger's image on the desk top and the one in the editor's image folder; the latter, for reasons unknown, given that I had already copied Inger's image, was of an earlier date.

I copied it once again, checked the properties before inserting it. Seeing that this time I had actually copied Inger's image into the editor, I inserted it into index.html, checked for errors, opened FileZilla, and, yes, remembered to upload both the .html AND the .jpg files.

Expecting success as last, I opened the site in Firefox, kept looking for the border, and could NOT find it. As far as I know, this is in the only time that Paintnet as failed to show me a border, and why I never saw it when viewing the page locally the border never showed, is quite beyond my knowledge. I suppose that, in this one odd case, Paintnet was simply not sophisticated enough a graphics editor; why the photographer also did not see the border is about as inexplicable as my only seeing it on-line.

I am certain that, having a while ago sent a message to the site owner that I was giving up on finding and fixing the problem, I shall write him yet again and I am quite certain that I can on his behalf express his gratitude to all involved here.

To misuse the famous quote from Samuel Pepys, "And so to go collapse on the couch and await the homecoming of m wife and broadcast of the evening TV news, as it is too early to go to bed."

Once again, to everyone, THANK YOU. Nothing more can be said than that.

Glad you got it! :)
User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,447 posts

Great result! I will now take down my copy of that site then.
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:
Components for Site Designer and the HTML Editor: https://mock-up.coffeecup.com

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.