The Editor Doesnt Remember Folder...

User 2653777 Photo

1 post

Whenever I go to open a new file in the HTML editor, I always have to start from the My Webs folder and navigate to the site and folder I want to open up the file from.

How can I get the editor to remember the folder of the last file I opened, so that when I want to open another file in that folder I dont have to start from My Webs and navigate to the same folder again?
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

That is what you use Website Projects for. It will then always default to the location where your files are.

http://www.coffeecup.com/help/articles/ … ml-editor/

If you don't use projects, there is no option to auto-remember the last location. It will default to your Default Working folder defined under the settings.

Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 1372291 Photo

4 posts

I have the same problem:
Default folders
working /Background Image/sounds
all reset to CoffeeCup Software folder
User 1372291 Photo

4 posts

Instead of allowing me to type the correct folder in I have to navigate to the folder. Doing this 3 times every startup is time consuming and incredibly frustrating!
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Did you step a Website Project yet?
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,447 posts
Online Now

Karl, if you are not a friend of projects, you can put all your sites in a folder, with a subfolder for each site. Then you set the Editor to open that 'parent' folder on startup. You still have to navigate into the subfolder you want to work in, but it's only one click away - not several.
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:
Components for Site Designer and the HTML Editor: https://mock-up.coffeecup.com

User 2287960 Photo

Ambassador
580 posts

Projects works for me.

Keith

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.