Suggestions for CoffeeCup HTML Editor...

User 2901653 Photo

1 post

Would be cool if it supported emojis.
In my vision, you would be able to type in an emoji (or copy/paste) and the program would automatically convert it to the proper entity code.
For instance, you would type in the emoji for :) and it would convert to &#x1F642; <!-- Slightly Smiling Face -->
Know what I mean?
User 469268 Photo

80 posts

Even better, I would like to see the addition of the CSS for grids or include a grid builder as part of the product!
User 331746 Photo

24 posts

I'd like to see a feature that would link my website project to a GitHub or Bitbucket account to keep an off-site backup and for version control. Right now my work-around is to manually do this outside of the HTML Editor but would be nice to stay within the program's ecosystem.
HLADE’S LAW:
If you have a difficult task give it to a lazy man — he will find an easier way to do it.
User 2906089 Photo

222 posts

Hello,

Colorizing bracket pairs seems to be a really popular feature missing for a long time if you look at this forum.

How about adding Emmet support. The amount of short cuts are staggering and the speed gained by web heads is surprising. If you are not familiar with Emmet, here's a link https://emmet.io/ .

A simple new feature to request is to update any instances of choosing color to the current method used in the latest responsive products or the discontinued Color Pallet Manager. In particular I miss having the Alpha channel slider and the RGBa input.

I would also like to see Google Fonts and some version of Font Icons. A larger window to view fonts and icons would be a really big plus. That way you can see your choices at a larger scale.

When you're at it, you might as well remove all instances of menu builder. I'd remove the "old html validation" link too.

How do you select multiple lines and comment the code? If it's not in the program, it should be. It's routine practice if you ask me.

That's all folks!
Learn something, Share something.
User 2906089 Photo

222 posts

Hey, found the multi-line select and comment. I was looking in the menu bar for a comment button, but now I see it's in the code tab and a couple of clicks. Still really new to this editor.
Learn something, Share something.
User 379556 Photo

1,532 posts

Bosco wrote:
Hey, found the multi-line select and comment. I was looking in the menu bar for a comment button, but now I see it's in the code tab and a couple of clicks. Still really new to this editor.

The Insert menu also has an item 'Comment ...' and shows Shift+Control+C as a shortcut for it.

Frank
User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,444 posts

If you right-click in the menu bar, on the grey area without any buttons, you get a menu with the item 'customize'. Click on that, and then you can drag any menu item or button to your liking. I have, for example, dragged that comment thingie up onto the menu bar so that it has become a button. Also the various Save options I have added as single buttons in the menu bar instead of having them as sub-buttons. The original Save button has been deleted simply by dragging it away from the menu bar.
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:
Components for Site Designer and the HTML Editor: https://mock-up.coffeecup.com

User 450830 Photo

148 posts

Hello a nice addition in the HTML editor would be that if you click on a div or other. the beginning and the end are made easier, see picture as an example.
https://schilder-vanveen.nl/html.JPG
groet,

Ger van Veen
http://schilder-vanveen.nl
User 1869666 Photo

229 posts

Any chance HTML Editor will be available for Mac?
User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,444 posts

We had something like that once, must be more than 10 years ago, Web Editor it was called. At that time I wasn't using Mac, so I don't know all the particulars, but one of the complaints about it was, that it didn't have a real tool bar. I got the impression that Mac people are supposed to know all the codes by heart, and once you type the first character, you get to choose among everything starting with that character. When responsive webdesign got into usage, a lot of programmes were not modernized, and Web Editor was one of them (Shopping Cart was another). I don't know if it has ever been sorely missed.
There are a lot of html coding programmes for Mac 'out there' also free ones, but common to nearly all of them is, that they don't have the toolbar that we are used to from the Win app. As to the Mac version of Dreamweaver, maybe it has a tool bar (the Win version has), if you want to pay the fortune it costs.
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:
Components for Site Designer and the HTML Editor: https://mock-up.coffeecup.com

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.