Share your site made with HTML...

User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Thanks very much Avid, most appreciated :)
User 1929281 Photo

14 posts

Avid, I love your site's layout!

I am especially impressed since I cannot seem to function in HTML Editor at all. I must say tho, that it's all my fault for my lack of knowledge.

I bought HTML Editor in June of 2009 and have never made it more than about half way thru a page where I usually got stuck and can't figure out what to do. Every incarnation has been more sophisticated and techies rave over it's improvements. I respect that, but it just leaves me even further behind.

I downloaded the latest version yesterday and see that it's again jumped ahead in difficulty level for those of us who are less familiar with HTML. I have looked for tutorial [video] but I haven't had any luck there.

Others like me will find that Visual Site Designer is a comfortable alternative. I tried that recently and actually accomplished a full page [layout only]. Unfortunately the VSD is not compatible with the HTML Editor, so I can't make little tweaks there. I just don't have enough HTML skills to use the HTML Editor and complete site/page creation.

My VSD layout [using a theme as a starting point]. http://tsturgill.coffeecup.com/site/
"What other people think about me is none of my business."
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Hiya Terry,

Since you have both VSD and HTML Editor you have the best of both worlds to work with. Instead of trying to do one or the other, stick with VSD as it sounds like it's more comfortable for you and use the HTML Editor to work up the things you need in VSD. Although they can't work "together" in the sense of you cannot edit the pages outside of VSD, there are options in VSD itself that allow you to add HTML code to the site to edit things and add things that you want in there for scripts.

There's lots of folks here on the forums that use VSD and I'm sure if you get stuck with something there will be someone that can give you a hand with it. Just post in the VSD area and ask for assistance and see just how helpful the folks here are :)

Most of all, breathe, enjoy the process and try not to let it stress you out ! *goes back to pulling out her hair over this iframe issue* LOL
User 1929281 Photo

14 posts

Thank you for the excellent point. I did forget about using the Editor for making html useable items FOR VSD. I will use that option for sure.
"What other people think about me is none of my business."
User 6482 Photo

5 posts

Thanks to lineview...AviD in good old UK for helping me finalize my our travel site homepage.
I'm done. Thanks again! Great advice with ccs file.

P.S. SirAGE: contact page was made with ccs form builder. What have I done that is shameful?

http://www.bellalovetravels.com
http://www.bellalvetravels.com/contact-us.html
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Hiya Paul,

I don't think it's a "shameful" thing at all, I think what SirAGE is meaning is that you have it in the Flash version Form Builder Classic program rather than the new Form Builder program that works with HTML and CSS instead of Flash. Your form works wonderfully and looks just fine, but if we get any more burps from Adobe like we did a bunch of months back where no flash would work for most sites for quite a long time, then people won't be able to see your form to use it. It's not something you "have" to do tat all, your form is fine as it is, it's just one of those choices to make at some point and something to keep in mind should Flash stop working again on us.

Nice job on the site and the form all looks great :)
User 471275 Photo

Ambassador
1,130 posts

Hi Paul
The website looks great. Glad you were able to use some of the stuff I sent you.
:D

User 2334369 Photo

7 posts

Hi,
I recently coded my website after having previously created it with vsd. Have a look;
www.newbornsounds.co.uk
User 113654 Photo

3 posts

I have 2 sites I built using the original HTML Editor but as part of an organizing committee for a local event I just created an event site using the new HTML Editor. I found it very easy to use. There is a lot I would still like to do with this site but for now it is functional and gets the basic information out there.

I would welcome any feedback and suggestions for improving this site. I am retired from being a self taught programmer and now own an antique & collectibles mall. I love photography and still like playing around with programming.

http://scavengersjourney.com/

Marcia
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Nice clean site Marcia, good job and welcome to CC forums :)

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.