Replace the Responsive Designer image...

User 2806441 Photo

64 posts

Hi,
Is it possible to replace that Responsive Designer image when I start up the HTML editor?
Thanks,
Ed
User 379556 Photo

1,533 posts

I haven't found a way of replacing it, but it can at least be disabled via

Tools > Preferences > General > Disable Background Image (tick box near the middle of the window).

Frank
User 2806441 Photo

64 posts

That is at least something.
Thanks a lot!
Ed
User 2806441 Photo

64 posts

It would be nice if it could be replaced with some other image.
But what galls me most is that the left pane doesn't do anything in terms of opening the last project I worked on although the right pane opens the files.
Maybe you know a solution for that?
Thanks,
Ed
User 379556 Photo

1,533 posts

I set up my websites as projects (My Websites > New Website Project...), and switch between them using My Websites > All Website Projects. I find that doing this means that the project that was in use when I last closed HTML Editor is automatically opened when I next start HTML Editor.

Examining the Tools > Preferences > Folders tab reveals that HTML Editor does this by changing the Default Working Folder to whatever Website Project is open at the time.

Frank
User 2806441 Photo

64 posts

I did look into that but there doesn't seem to be a selection that lets me choose a default working folder.
User 379556 Photo

1,533 posts

I agree that there seems to be no such selection.

The problem mentioned was that "the left pane doesn't do anything in terms of opening the last project I worked on". It will be found that the procedure I mentioned does achieve that.

Frank
User 2806441 Photo

64 posts

Well, apparently I'm too dumb to understand it.
User 379556 Photo

1,533 posts

Perhaps there is confusion regarding the word 'project'. Normally it would simply mean the website one is working on. In HTML Editor's menus etc. the word 'project' refers to a project which has been given a project name using 'New Website Project...' in the 'My Websites' menu.

The default project is 'set' by being the one currently selected by the user from the list of project names found by going to 'All Website Projects' in the 'My Websites' menu. There will, of course, be no such list until there are some named projects as mentioned above.

Frank
User 2806441 Photo

64 posts

Well, you were right.
There had been some confusion on my side re the word 'project'.
I've set my projects up differently now and it seems to work.
However, if one project is open, all the others are hidden.
Well, I guess, one can't have everything.
Thanks for your continued help.
Ed

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.