MyWebsites local disk no longer shows...

User 2932084 Photo

6 posts

When I open CC HTML Editor there are no folders or files shown in the editor MyWebsites local disk. Work I have done is missing completely. I tried reinstalling several times with no luck. Any suggestions?
User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,447 posts
Online Now

It's not easy to come up with suggestions based on your information. My first question would be: To what location did you save your files? DID you save at all? If you happened to save to some external device, have you got that device connected? Have you tried in the Editor, to see what you have under File -> Recent files? Or, if you remember the file name(s) of at least one file that you had expected to be there, have you tried to do a search for it?
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:
Components for Site Designer and the HTML Editor: https://mock-up.coffeecup.com

User 2932084 Photo

6 posts

Files saved at: C:\Users\Artifact\OneDrive\Documents\CoffeeCup Software\HTML Editor\LegionWeb (I can find them in my windows file explorer just fine). I can find the file using the File->Recent files.

I've also tried changing the default projects path to where I know the files are, but the path will not change in the Tools-> Preferences-> Folders.

I have also tried reinstalling, no luck.

I just don't have any further ideas on correcting the issue.
User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,447 posts
Online Now

You are saying '...but the path will not change in the Tools-> Preferences-> Folders.' By saying so, do you expect the path to change automatically to where you have your files?
If so, it doesn't work that way. That path, and all the other paths in the same dialog, are defaults, and the programme creators are assuming that you will save your files at the default location.
You are of course free to save your files wherever you want, but then you have to manually inform the programme about your chosen saving location by manually editing those default paths. I've been using the HTML Editor since 2005, and I have always edited those paths to suit my preferences. Works like a charm.
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:
Components for Site Designer and the HTML Editor: https://mock-up.coffeecup.com

User 379556 Photo

1,533 posts

I'm wondering whether the folder of files was ever allocated a project name. My experience is as follows -
(a) I go to My Websites > New Website Project.
(b) In the window that opens I enter a suitable Website Project name and select the Website Project Location (i.e. the folder/directory where the files are) using the icon at the right of that location box and click OK.
(c) Thereafter the program opens with the files showing for whatever Website Project I had open when the program was last closed.

Frank
User 2932084 Photo

6 posts

Inger, If by "manually" you mean using the browse button under the folder tab to change the path with, I've done that and it does not change said path. It remains as the default. Am I incorrectly "manually" changing the path?

Frank, Thanks. That the way things were working last evening before I took a break. Came back later to ther current existing problems.
User 379556 Photo

1,533 posts

I suspect it may be to do with the use of OneDrive. It would be interesting to see what happens If the files are copied to a local hard-drive folder rather than to the OneDrive cloud.

Frank
User 2932084 Photo

6 posts

Frank, I thought the same so I unlinked Onedrive and reinstalled CC to a local hard drive folder. No change. If I had any hair, i'd be ripping it out.
User 379556 Photo

1,533 posts

I wasn't thinking of where The HTML Editor was installed, but where the website files were stored. The earlier post in this thread suggested that they are on OneDrive.

Frank
User 2932084 Photo

6 posts

Correct, I meant where the files are stored. I am re-linking my Onedrive to see what happens.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.