Missing a couple .js files for a...

User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Hiya,

I started messing around with a template tonight in CCHE just to see how it all was put together and trying a php include setup that I found today to see how that all worked etc. Anyways, when I went to upload the original site setup (before i changed any of the php stuff) I got an error on upload that said it was missing a .js file. Here's the script from the beginning area of the index.html file that shows it is referencing these 2 .js files, and neither of them are there:

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" media="screen" href="css/default.css" />
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" media="screen" href="css/thickbox.css" />
<script type="text/javascript" src="js/jquery.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="js/thickbox.js"></script>
</head>

This is for the Electric Shock theme that comes with the CCHE. I went to the directory that CCHE is installed in to check the theme in there just to make sure it was just not a bad install in the editor, but the files aren't in there either.
User 148353 Photo

Ambassador
808 posts

Are you using the most recent version? I looked in the Electric Shock theme folder, inside the js folder, and found jquesry.js and suckerfish.js. Older version probably had thickbox.js.
"Time heals everything. Know who said that? My Latin teacher at barber college!"
- Floyd Lawson

Widoktadwat - "Plays Well With Others"

User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

hmm let me check that, I "thought" I was lol. Those are also the 2 files that are actually in my install too, just that the code is calling for 2 other ones also. I'm reinstalling right now as I can't tell if I have the current or not, the file download for CCHE doesn't always have a version number on it so this newest one is hard to tell if it's the one I have installed.

*Added*
It's the same version I had installed I believe, when I look in "about" it says build 305 which is the same build it was before too. :/

BTW, check your code for the index.html page and see if it references those 2 files for you too in it. Dunno what else to look for.
User 180356 Photo

2 posts

i'm having this exact problem with one of the templates - missing thickbox.js

it's not in the directories anywhere, and it's stopping the editor from uploading the site.

???

any ideas?
User 180356 Photo

2 posts

btw: template is 'tie a ribbon', and the only js's are jquery.js and suckerfish.js.

just upgraded the release, and pretty sure the old stuff (earlier release) was deleted, so. . .
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

I never did figure out any of this problem myself either phillip, the files aren't there, and the two you mention are there, I don't know if the files should have been altered to change it to the jquery and suckerfish and it didn't get done in the theme, or if the files are truly missing? no idea, still waiting on an answer too.
User 1998534 Photo

11 posts

I discovered that also. The Site Spider tool flags it as an error. New version. Just started last week and purchased today.
not sure if I should delete the "<script type="text/javascript" src="js/thickbox.js"></script>", or what.
The "suckerfish.js" isn't used anywhere.
I checked 3 of the themes and they're all the same.
Hopefully we'll hear soon.
Larry
User 2013232 Photo

7 posts

BUMP!

I've noticed also that in build 305 the themes are referencing the thickbox js however it is actually not used in the themes....

Its a little strange, as a side note the ThickBox site (http://jquery.com/demo/thickbox/)is saying that the ThickBox script has been discontinued over colorbox, fancybox or shadowbox....

The suckerfish.js file is for a completly different purpose - DHTML drop down menus.

I'm guessing that these references are just a fall back from earlier versions? - The ThickBox.css file is still located in the theme folders just not the js ?
User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,447 posts

I have notified CC about it, so when they are done with the turkey, they might perhaps take a look at this problem ;) Happy Thanksgiving anyways!
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:
Components for Site Designer and the HTML Editor: https://mock-up.coffeecup.com

User 364143 Photo

5,410 posts

Until this is addressed - jquery, suckerfish, and thickbox javascripts can all be downloaded from the web freely. Just Google them.
CoffeeCup... Yeah, they are the best!

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.