Is this a known occurrance? - Post ID...

User 243515 Photo

508 posts

I occasionally receive this error: "Error restoring device context"

I'm not sure what is causing it. I set the "Compatibility Mode" and "Run as Administrator" but still get this error.

Running Most current HTML Editor under Windows 10 using HP Envy lap top.

User 2287960 Photo

Ambassador
580 posts

Was windows 10 a clean install?

Keith
User 243515 Photo

508 posts

Well, it was on the PC when I bought it, is that what you mean?
User 2287960 Photo

Ambassador
580 posts

I upgraded from Win 7 to Win 10 by installing over the top. I get that error now. Also the app is very slow to install.

Not really causing a problem.

Keith
User 243515 Photo

508 posts

You're right there, when I get the error, I click on "OK" and continue to code. It's just a little bit disconcerting is all.

Greg
User 498477 Photo

3 posts

I get the same exact 'error' message today, Oct., 2022, which behaves on my Dell G5 WIN 10 computer exactly as it did for rhubarb67 in 2016. It is a nuisance and I would like to stop it from recurring. For me it appeared at the same time I purchased, installed and ran 'CCleaner'. I do not know for certain whether there's any relevance there? It's all I can put my finger on. I've since deleted CCleaner and downloaded and installed the latest vs. of Coffeecup HTML editor to no avail? I do not want to mess with restoring to a previous setup lest I do more harm than good. Please advise on how to rid the editor of this nuisance. Thank you.
User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,447 posts

I think I'd ask CC support about this https://www.coffeecup.com/help/myroom/
It seems to be an old issue, and during the years since it was first raised, we've heard nothing.
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:
Components for Site Designer and the HTML Editor: https://mock-up.coffeecup.com

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.