Installation failed - Post ID 283177

User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,447 posts

And if you have another computer, try installing it there. If that works, it won't be the installation file that's faulty.
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:
Components for Site Designer and the HTML Editor: https://mock-up.coffeecup.com

User 2853839 Photo

1 post

I had same problem trying to install on Windows 10 device. I opened Windows Defender Security Center and turned Real-time protection "Off". Program then installed without any problems. I then opened Windows Defender Security Center and turned Real-time protection "On".
User 228273 Photo

32 posts

GLB1D8C.tmp is trying to change or delete the file Camera.WAV in your protected documents folder.......prevented..due to Avast Ransomware detecting issues...BEWARE
User 109632 Photo

32 posts

Hi Guys
I tried to upgrade to V16 last Monday and I confirm this issue:
My Acronis True Image 2018 blocked the installation!
It recognize the file GLB10F0.tmp as "possible ransomware" .
Naturally, I can ignore and continue the installation but I prefer to get the confirmation from CoffeeCup that no infection is included in the installation package.
Til today, the only response I received in my ticket's room is: it is a false positive.
I also signalized this to Acronis but I think they want do anything before they get a valid explanation to the strange behavior of their installer program.
For the moment, I prefer to work with the old HTML Editor 2010: it installs without any warnings. All later versions are generating Acronis ransomware warning.
It will be nice when CoffeCup SW team can have a look into these installers!
User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,447 posts

I'm not a member of the CC support team, but I've been using their software for 13 years. Once or twice in this time I've had similar warnings, and the CC staff has assured me that they never have, and never will put in any ransomware, malware, adware etc. in their programmes. On the occssions that those warnings came up, it was from Norton and MacAffee, if I remember correctly. CC staff contacted those companies and made them stop flagging an 'innocent' file.
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:
Components for Site Designer and the HTML Editor: https://mock-up.coffeecup.com

User 379556 Photo

1,533 posts

I would have thought that a false positive was a fault on the part of the Acronis True Image 2018 software, and that it was not the responsibility of other software companies to give valid explanations of the failure of Acronis's software. Those other software companies would almost certainly not have access to whatever artificial intelligence or the like that Acronis is using.

Since the failure of Acronis's software has been reported to Acronis by Gilles, I trust that Acronis will heed the report. In the meantime this web page indicates the facilities that Acronis has provided to deal with such situations, but criticises the process as 'not super comfortable' and says 'An option to add suspicious processes directly would improve the usability'.

Frank
User 2749035 Photo

2 posts

I have a Win 10 PRO notebook and after my IT guy took a look at it, he decided to completely deinstall it. the funny thing though it worked under Win 10 home without any problem. My IT guy decided to deinstall it because a program actually written for Win XP and admin rights does not meet the state of the arts. In another situation CC support needed five answers to realize that CC does not work under Win Server 2018 R2... That was really annoying.
I'm sad because CC is actually a cool program.
Alex
User 379556 Photo

1,533 posts

I note what is mentioned about Win Server 2018 R2, but I run The HTML Editor without problem on my PC with Win 10 Pro 64 bit. The fact that the IT person decided to deinstall it from the Win 10 Pro notebook does, of course, show that it did install on the Win 10 Pro notebook.

I mention the above, not because I think your IT person deinstalled it without reason, but because the reason seems to relate to your organisation, and seems unlikely to affect users not in your organisation.

Frank

User 2749035 Photo

2 posts

Hi Frank,
I admit NOW CC is humming on my system, Win 10 pro 64bit. The problems I had were not CC based but derived from the fact that I goofed up my system. Since other programms were also not working, I reset Win and bingo! now it works. I again correct my posting that CC does work on Win 10 and the problems I had were self-created and not CC based.
Anyhow, thanks for accepting my frustration, folks @ CC.
Alex
User 379556 Photo

1,533 posts

Hi Alex,

I'm glad all is now well with the installation. It's often tricky tracing the exact source of computer problems, even finding out whether it's the software, the operating system, the bios/uefi, or the hardware.

Frank

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.